Default Dear Players of Dotarank

Goodbye, and goodluck. Your moderation crew are ensuring that Dotarank remains a dictated and undeveloped community with hindered game quality.

Peace.

hf misery #2
    Im grossen Buch des Lebens steht es schwarz auf weiss geschrieben:
    Du sollst Dich von allen Menschen stets am meisten lieben.
    Du sollst keine anderen Götter haben neben Dir,
    Ich bin mein eig'ner Gott und ich gehöre nur mir!

cu
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

Hmmmmm MYHEARTISUNDEAD....I am not happy because you going, but cya and gl !

Not to sound rude or anything but if you attempted to make this look dramatic, you failed.

IMO the Staff is mature and competent. You're making the mistake.

lol
    i bet you did that to free space on destkop for 1 more icon.

Smile

Whoa...

NO! No, no ,no. There is something seriously wrong with this community if we got to this point.

Recap (Sorry for the ensuing wall of text. Bear with me.)

[Prologue: Let's get things clear. I think myheart was an ass and deserved at least a warning for picking on Fresh. He should have let go of this stupid grudge or just avoid any contact with him.]

But...

1. We have a guy that gets away with calling another community member a "son of a bitch". This makes me assume that whatever myheart said must have been much worse. I wasn't there, but I have the feeling whatever he said was on the lines of "faggot" - his favorite endearment.

2. He got comp-banned for an unlimited period of time for this shocking, despicable, unpardonable and revolting (!!!!) act.

3. Had this been directed at someone else, i have the feeling the outcome would have been a lot different.

"What on earth would make you say that, Nienna? The DR staff is fair, reasonable, tolerant and uber-friendly." Actually, I agree with all that. I think in most cases it is. But there is one minor flaw to the whole system: they can't be objective when one of them is involved. Which is perfectly natural, we're only human.

Still, I believe a fair banning system is important enough to justify the effort we all need to make to be objective in these situations.

"[00:23] some GM: it comes to this
    [00:23] some GM: i am GM
    [00:23] some GM: and i make rules
    [00:23] some GM:
    [00:23] some GM: if you have problem with this
    [00:23] some GM: ill make a thread on offtopic on forums
    [00:23] Nienna: maybe you should reconsider that. you are gm - GAME MODERATOR
    [00:23] some GM: and we can discuss it there
    [00:23] Nienna: this was no game
    [00:23] Nienna: it was a public chat"

"this disrespect towards admins and GMs surely deserves a ban. That is not a way to talk to anyone, especially not toward Gms/Admins" - what exactly makes a word more offensive when directed at a GM?

Fortunately, I know for sure that Rogers, as well as other "high ranking" members of the DR staff, do not share this view. Nevertheless, the GM - community member segregation on DR is obvious. This reinforces a form of servitude that takes us back to the middle ages. (This would not be a problem for the horde of illiterate war-mongering trolls and orcs that inhabit the DotA landscapes, but I am hoping this community is a little more advanced. )

So let me get to the root of this problem. Out of curiousity, who banned myheart? Was it Fresh? And if so, do you guys really think this is fair? The victim being the judge. Don't think that would be acceptable in any justice system.

It seems to me this is a vendetta between these two. Since Fresh holds the power, myheart got banned. Since myheart refuses to grovel, he'll leave RGC. What does the community gain? It's not like we got rid of a flamer... myheart has never flamed anyone ingame, never whined and never ruined a game. On the contrary, he was often invited to IH games, he got added to the friendlists of people he barely knew on a regular basis and he was generally a discreet presence on forum and public chats. I'll miss him and I'll miss his blog. Not to mention it sucks he won't do the interviews and DR articles he was planning.

So, I have a solution that might please you all. Unban myheart's comp. Ban this account, and let him start from scratch if he wants to be back in this community after all that happened. And hopefully he will. And maybe he'll continue to write the funny blog posts and the interesting stuff he had planned for this forum. Fresh would have his vengeance, since MYHEARTISUNDEAD will be gone. And hopefully this will never happen again...

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Nienna; 29-01-2010 at 12:15 PM.

The compban was because he joined the client with a different account right after he was banned. It is our way for preventing more multi accounts.
    We (GMs) don't make the rules, we only enforce them.
    Plus he already had his second chance.

I agree that many players can learn something from him skill wise or from his blogging. But he doesnt really belong in a community based on manners and friendship if he can't control his attitude of flaming and looking for conflict.

Sorry it turned out like this, hope to see you back sometime, hf until then.

Nienna, his ban was justified I'm sorry having to tell you.
    He flamed by every definition of the word in game, in chat and in the forum thread he created in the administrative forum (which he shouldn't have access to anyway, and he knows that) after he was banned for the first time. He kept insulting and flaming several GMs, in most cases without any of them doing anything objectionable, from a neutral point of view.
    He was unbanned the first time, then he obviously had to try how far he had to go until he was banned again, and he managed it in no time.

why u have map hack icon on desktop? and aim hack
    why man why?

Look, as I've said, I agree he deserved a ban. But isn't this a bit extreme?

And could you please answer my question, if it's not too much trouble. Who banned him? It does have a relevance to the point I'm trying to make.

(As for the administrative forum. That was no mistake, Rogers allowed him access there, so take it with him.)

I'm not going to make a big deal out of this. I just hope you guys can come up with a reasonable solution, cause him leaving RGC is not what I would call reasonable. And I don't care about his skill level, you didn't see me cry over Fear's oh so sad departure from DR comm. It's just that myheart was one of the few interesting individuals (you can count them on the fingers of one hand) that brought colour to a rather dull and unimaginative community.

The war is over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK1LxOB3ts0
    Last edited by Nienna; 29-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRO_ZeuS View Post
    why u have map hack icon on desktop? and aim hack
    why man why?
    Which one of those is a map hack and which is an aim hack? I have no idea what they're named or how their icons look.

@ Nienna: Banning him was justified, as you said yourself. If he manages to apologize for flaming, he will be unbanned like every other player. Nothing extreme about it.

Huh?
    It's not like he's permanently banned. If he would make a proper appeal he would probably be unbanned within 1 week or so, but if he refuses to make one by thinking he's special and mocking people further there's nothing we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    1. We have a guy that gets away with calling another community member a "son of a bitch". This makes me assume that whatever myheart said must have been much worse. I wasn't there, but I have the feeling whatever he said was on the lines of "faggot" - his favorite endearment.
    Each GM has a different personality and therefore acts and reacts different.
    Also maybe it wasnt his choice of words but rather his repetitively flaming.

2. He got comp-banned for an unlimited period of time for this shocking, despicable, unpardonable and revolting (!!!!) act.
    People get compbanned for multiaccounts or a permban. As I can see he was compbanned for MA and not permanently.

3. Had this been directed at someone else, i have the feeling the outcome would have been a lot different.
    Well, probably. I've told him that if he feels the urge to flame someone, he can /whisper me and call me names or whatever. I have no problem with people flaming me, but like I said before: Everyone reacts differently.

Concerning what you wrote (dont want to quote everything) about justice, fair ban system etc:
    yeah I know... I'm not really happy either, but I "can't" discuss it here :S
    Im grossen Buch des Lebens steht es schwarz auf weiss geschrieben:
    Du sollst Dich von allen Menschen stets am meisten lieben.
    Du sollst keine anderen Götter haben neben Dir,
    Ich bin mein eig'ner Gott und ich gehöre nur mir!

It's he who resigned. I denied his appeal not because he's permanently banned, nor because I believe that his ban was justified. I did it for the technical reason - there was no template. If we don't want to have mess in ban appeals, every member should post an appeal with given template. For God's sake! It's not that hard.
    Everyone in this community is equal so I didn't want to let it pass just because he is a long-timed member.

He doesn't want to stay here, he's got free will after all.
    GM's are here to make sure the players are having fun and don't destroy the games. Their work is done mostly in the game and on the forums. They do not create rules..

You said that we are biased when evaluating our Staff members and their work. I'm not sure how did it show in that case, however, I do believe that overall, players should have higher respect towards Staff than "normal" players. Why? We are actually doing some (maybe small, but some) work here and you're there just to play... We are doing this for you so I say we are allowed to be given a bit more respect.

And yes, Fresh was the one to ban him.
    Last edited by Cnacnel; 29-01-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY

Have fun.

The dramatic effect kinda failed tbh, but I bet you don't give a rats' ass about my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Cnacnel View Post
    You said that we are biased when evaluating our Staff members and their work. I'm not sure how did it show in that case, however, I do believe that overall, players should have higher respect towards Staff than "normal" players. Why? We are actually doing some (maybe small, but some) work here and you're there just to play... We are doing this for you so I say we are allowed to be given a bit more respect.

And yes, Fresh was the one to ban him.
    Ok. That's all I needed to know. Thank you for clearing things up, cnac. I suspected this is the case but just wanted official confirmation.

If a coloured nick in the chatroom = respect, no wonder things will never be ok in this community. This logic is fundamentally flawed. In a reasonable society one would earn respect from one's peers, not take it through artificial means. Nobody ever denied Tyr the respect he deserves, or Rogers, or a number of other GM's who do their job AND demonstrate certain qualities that have nothing to do with their status, but their character. I think we are all capable of judging who's worthy of respect and who's not, according to personal and generally accepted standards, which is how a normal society works.

But since this is not the case in DR, and we are expected to revere people for something as irrelevant as having power, then I bid you all farewell and wish you many servile and quick-to-praise-you community members.

I am really sorry it ends this way. There is a number of people in this community that I have grown to like (you were one of them) and I think this whole concept has a great potential if you don't let egos get in the way. I would have loved to get more involved, but these things take time with someone like me, and I guess I kinda lost my motivation during this last week.

So, good-bye and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    But since this is not the case in DR, and we are expected to revere people for something as irrelevant as having power, then I bid you all farewell and wish you many servile and quick-to-praise-you community members.
    I didn't say anything about praise, I don't need it, nor anyone of us needs. I didn't say anything about paying respect to us because of the power we have. I just believe that we deserve (not that you have to respect us more) more respect because we are here to help you enjoy your games.

I don't think that I said anything to show how we boast with our power and "position", but if it sounded like that I hereby resign from my position Nienna. That is if you accept to come back.
    I don't want to force you to come back, I just don't know how could my post make you resign from the community and want to undo my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnacnel View Post
    I don't think that I said anything to show how we boast with our power and "position", but if it sounded like that I hereby resign from my position Nienna. That is if you accept to come back.
    I don't want to force you to come back, I just don't know how could my post make you resign from the community and want to undo my mistake.
    Oh dear...

No, no, cnacnel, please. That was not my intention, you're a fine admin. It's a matter of principle, but perhaps i misunderstood you. This is problematic cause of the bloody language. We'll talk tomorrow, in private.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasmolyt View Post
    Which one of those is a map hack and which is an aim hack? I have no idea what they're named or how their icons look.

@ Nienna: Banning him was justified, as you said yourself. If he manages to apologize for flaming, he will be unbanned like every other player. Nothing extreme about it.

j/k men ^^ wanted kill this drama but no
    nice try :P