Default problems with dota 2.3 rc3 under vista

:-\ Hi there,

Used Windows XP and could use all arank programs from rc1 to rc3.
    Since i installed Vista, i can just use rc1 cauz the other dont work anymore.
    arank tells me there is missing a file called: "msvcp71.dll" did not have that problem before :'(
    Had sb. similiar problems or does even know a solution to this problem ?
    Thx a lot,
    Chuck.

Default Re: problems with dota 2.3 rc3 under vista

i think you posted it in the wrong section and this thread might be moved. this is the dota faq section, not the dotarank faq. :P i dont think dotarank works on vista based on what i've read from other posts.

1. msvcp71.dll is a runtime library of Microsoft Visual C++ and it is needed to run applications that have functions of it included.
    2. it can be downloaded on various DLL sites, check google for it.
    3. it has to be placed in the c:\Windows\System32 folder for making it available to any application or into the directory which contains the exe file to make it available to this single application.
    &quot;Those who are ready to sacrifice freedom for security ultimately will lose both.&quot;<br />-Abraham Lincoln<br /><br />&quot;I know what you&#039;re thinking, &#039;cause right now I&#039;m thinking the same thing. Actually, I&#039;ve been thinking it ever since I got here. Why, oh why didn&#039;t I take the blue pill?&quot;<br />- Cyper in Matrix

thx m8, 1st uselful thing i hear
    but still,... i can launch it now, but after joining/hosting a game the rc3 screen gets white(means as if it hanged up)
    Starnge thing is that after quitting wc3 i can see the whole screen of rc3 again.
    Thx anyway, i give it up trying to run rc3 on vista

Maybe you look into the Support-Forum if you want to have support.
    And maybe (ok I know its solved there ) you find an answer to your question.
    No really please search your problem first and then post in the correct section.
    I'm a powerful demonic force! I'm the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I STRIDE through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike!

sry scott ,
    thx anyway...my last post.

best regards,

Chuck.

hi scott,

searched for it....can u give me a link to the right post?
    What i found so far is that there is a new version in creation, but i guess there's a solution already.

sry,

veryverylastpost

chuck.