Thread: sp-mode

Default sp-mode

hey there,

this threat is not made to flame or smth like that on special players. i only made it because i loose the fun in playing ranked games because of a significant reason: unbalanced teams.
    i know that some guys know each other in reallife or play often games together since a long time, and want to play in ranked games together too. but here i see the problem: i would like to see the win/loose ratio of the scourge team. maybe 1:4 or smth like that.
    now some of u would say: well u got owned by us because u are not as good as we...and y thats true. im not! and now? but in my opinion is that a reason more to swap me maybe in the stronger team!!! well but i dont think thats the point. for example: im in dotachannel. join a game. slot3. others join.
    now !swap 3 9, !swap 5 8 etc....pubs in my team. mates in other. well lets have fun....
    so i have to join a game with 3-5 mates to get a chance?
    no...i would say lets make some sp-mode-games.

cu

Default Re: sp-mode

Quote Originally Posted by masabueno
    hey there,

this threat is not made to flame or smth like that on special players. i only made it because i loose the fun in playing ranked games because of a significant reason: unbalanced teams.
    i know that some guys know each other in reallife or play often games together since a long time, and want to play in ranked games together too. but here i see the problem: i would like to see the win/loose ratio of the scourge team. maybe 1:4 or smth like that.
    now some of u would say: well u got owned by us because u are not as good as we...and y thats true. im not! and now? but in my opinion is that a reason more to swap me maybe in the stronger team!!! well but i dont think thats the point. for example: im in dotachannel. join a game. slot3. others join.
    now !swap 3 9, !swap 5 8 etc....pubs in my team. mates in other. well lets have fun....
    so i have to join a game with 3-5 mates to get a chance?
    no...i would say lets make some sp-mode-games.

cu
    -sp has not been betatested and it might give trouble to the bot. It will not be used.

However on the bright side of things we are recording winratio and there will be a balance system coming shortly. It's not the top priority but it will come.

Also only a few GMs know each other in real life and they don't play together a lot, as they are busy hosting their own games, so that's not the case.

Also DotArank 3.0 is as I said still in Beta and we only started it 2 weeks ago, so it will take some time to get games that are completely filled with good players.

For example I myself try to ensure that the teams are balanced and the last 2 games I played on sentinel I always had a noob in it which got banned after the game, even two very bad players in one of the games. So I was playing 3v5. You can't always have perfect games, but I can assure you that there will be a system to balance teams according to winratio. Just keep tuned, there are many features coming up.
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Default Re: sp-mode

i dont think its a good idea to implemented -sp for every ranked game. There are many other communities allready where it is not possible to play in teams with friends and stuff. Aswell i dont see any problem with switching people, often i get asked if i can swap someone to play with his mates, either to scourge or sentinal. OFC mostly the game ends in Sent winning cause atm the most not ranked people join after the channel people.

And to play with friends doesnt mean that this people can be godlike, for example do i switch verlane into my team cause he plays dota since 4 weeks and has still to learn alot of things.

And aswell i switch people to my team which have a -minus rank but joined out of the dotarankchannel. Cause sometimes they just really disced and want a second chance and if im wrong i have to deal with it.

best regards

Tagori