Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: noobs at Dotarank

Earlier I forgot to mention gem and necronomicron.

Skilled player badge should be established by win/lose games, towers destroy + towers deny, frags* and creep stats*.
    * compared with stats of good players in games with closed length ( or substract 8 min from any game length and compare with ratio per minute of the rest of the game)

hey,
    first of all this all seem too complicated for me.
    to yodas idea: i dislike the idea of taking creep kill/denies etc into account. some of the players always play carry, some other most of the times support. so there will be allways a really big discrepancy between their creep stats.
    also i dislike the idea with gms observing games. there is a ton of new players i see every day, so the gms have to watch games all the time, what is not really enjoyable most of the time. test games with the gms involved would be a solution, so they at least dont have to just watch.
    i would like to keep it simple, like just gms and other players with the badge vote for it in normal games. i dont see a problem there, that people only play with others that have the same badges. not everyone can be part of the ih games, so there will always be normal games with some badged?! players in it. It may take some time for newcomers to get enough votes, but i think that is ok.
    brain stormed too much
    have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Da
    Earlier I forgot to mention gem and necronomicron.

Skilled player badge should be established by win/lose games, towers destroy + towers deny, frags* and creep stats*.
    * compared with stats of good players in games with closed length ( or substract 8 min from any game length and compare with ratio per minute of the rest of the game)
    I play DotA for a long long time, and i have visited and participated in lots of leagues.
    One thing i learned is that Skill is not measured <b>by win/lose games, towers destroy + towers deny, frags* and creep stats*. </b>
    DotA is team game and those mentioned stats could only measure a team.
    If you played in SS then you know that in high leveled game hero type (carry, sup, ...) decides who gets the last hit.

So my vote goes to manners more than skill. Skill can be easily judged trough several games (like SS have trial period).
    And i think all mannered people deserve trial period. Trough next 10-20 games people vote the skill of that player.
    And logic thing to add is vote power/reliability for each person.

But in the end 50% of players are raging when playing DotA. And you cant rely on those people.

It seems I wasn't clear enough. All that stats should be compared with stats of known good players playing the same hero.

Someething from to think of.
    I think when you realy see it, Dotarank already has something like Badges.

When i restarted (played some games at start of dota) to play dota i remembered of dotarank. I played some pub and after i was on the way i joined chan and the first ranked games.
    But to be fair i was a newbie. But in Dotarank i found players who explained me a role (Thx Tyr) . So i learned this role and i think i played around 80% of my Dotarank Games in this role.
    When i now play this role in a Pub, its easy to dominate a game.

But yesterday at a CM Game i was reported as Newbish. But now my point. They assigend me a role i never played (Rylay Support), as i said explain me how to play, that i learn it. I got siad, go play pub... but who explains me this in an Pub game? So i got reported (misplaced wards and so). But it was no problem later on it worked i learned it... When i looked the players in this Game wherent realy ranked in Dota all but two lower then my Rank (9).
    Later the Evening i had the Luck to play two games with people which all have Ranks beyond 15... in the first Game i played my used roll, no problem. In the second they assigned me a new, but they said what to do and it worked.

But to get in those Games you need a Bagde. And this Badge is Networking. Networking is a simple thing. You need one who says, hey thats a good guy, then you get a chance to show it to others. The next time you already have two or three guys who say: I know this gay we can play with him. After some games you know many people and you can even say, hey there a new guy i played once with him, let him join.

So why you dont just use this simple System. Just a something like a report. And if somone gets like 15 good reports from diffrent people who are already trusted let him in. When you let this decison only to GM´s it will be the only things GMs will do for a long time. Just use the Network...

Sry for the long story, but i think dotarank is a great community and the story shows why.

ya i agree with you ..that many noobs play with us ( the pro ones ) bfff... ;D ;D :P :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yo_Da
    It seems I wasn't clear enough. All that stats should be compared with stats of known good players playing the same hero.
    even that wouldnt make any sense because most of the time there is more then one way to play a hero(support, ganker, semicarry, carry, initiator).

i think for the cm badge you should not only judge on numbers but rather try to figure out if the player really is on a certain level. besides the actual play this involves also an advanced understanding of strategy and moves. (in which situation is which itembuild the best one, in which situation should i try to get the kill by myself or give it to somebody else and so on)

found a nice guide which we can use as guidelines for a cm badge:

http://www.playdota.com/guides/245

Rogers told me something about a DotArank inhouse games so i think this is the place where he can share hes ideas : )
    <br /><br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5893.0 &lt;------Hero roles Guide.<br />http://www.dotarank.com/index.php?topic=5908.0 &lt;------Dirge &quot;Undy&quot; The Undying guide.

We shouldn't "discriminate". As long as we have IH, those that are in it are separated. One idea for the IH process could be:

IH should be formed of some DR elite, old, GM, players.
    Then everyone that enters should be entered by some GM or anyone that has an IH status. This way there are no misunderstandings.
    "They will always be smarter than you think they are, but never as smart as they think they are - women."

Quote Originally Posted by HellOfSalvation
    We shouldn't "discriminate". As long as we have IH, those that are in it are separated. One idea for the IH process could be:

IH should be formed of some DR elite, old, GM, players.
    Then everyone that enters should be entered by some GM or anyone that has an IH status. This way there are no misunderstandings.
    The prerequisite for inhouse games are a high standard of manners and a certain standard of skill.

It will assure that players in the channel will have an enjoyable game, it is by no means an "elite" section. Since elitism creates an arrogant and wannabe attitude we will not have such a thing, ever. However we will have a competitive section and players/teams who have real skill can demonstrate it there. Normal dotarank games are to relax and have fun, not to get an orgasm because you went on a 8-0 killing spree.
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

I didn't focus on the type of players that would be in IH. My purpose is to share the principle on how this could work.
    "They will always be smarter than you think they are, but never as smart as they think they are - women."

I was also giving some thought into this problem, and so i asked myself: "what were my best moments on dotarank community?" I figured that the best games played on DotArank were either: 1) with friends: if you have a friendly player on-team, a gaming quality and a level of engagement and fun greatly improves.
    2) - and the most important case in this matter is a game hosted by "known" GM etc. games from Marl, TyR, Teufel, Chani also hosted once a great -apsh
    So. My suggestion in this matter is to incrase a number of TRUSTWORTHY AND FAIR GMs, who will be able to host a good IH with players that they know well.
    Given that as a fact i also strongly suggest that besides manner and skill as a judging factor of IH payers, there is also a factor of TIME that a player has spent in this community.
    I belive that with this system, all the good, well mannered and trustworthy playes would get, after at least 2-3 months, as deserved into IH.

Conclusion: 1) increase the number of trustworthy GM's
    2) players that would like to play a IH game should be mannually and subjectively picked by GM (like its working so far in quoted GM's games)
    3) time spent in this comunnity should also be a limiting factor of IH games acceptancy

Regards, Raro

Quote Originally Posted by Slane
    hello everyone.
    in this topic i want to talk about noobs.Nowadays there are a lot of noobs at DotaRank.for example i played 3 games with guy who finished 0-12,0-10,2-12.it is hard to play with him(cuz he feed ppl ) and against him(not intresting,u havent own progress).I think gms should be more strick in banning noobs.
    Maybe we should have smth like testgame?!
    Thank you
    i hope u r not speaking about me xD

Its not for anything that u've been awarded with the "feeder of the month" award wc3

mh, sounds good to me, but honestly arend clients like garena or bnet therer to improve or to learn dota.

the first games were pretty good, but it obviously its getting worse.

i think u gotta send at least one replay before joining dr games...but well. just a proposal
    *GG*
    Son of A Gun (Dalph)

Well, cant DR have like a Tier system? Like Tier 1 people can play with eachother and so on.. As they improve they get higher Tier number and it wont be so much flaming regarding newbies?

Quote Originally Posted by Skien[SuX
    ]
    Well, cant DR have like a Tier system? Like Tier 1 people can play with eachother and so on.. As they improve they get higher Tier number and it wont be so much flaming regarding newbies?
    That's what's currently planned. I have to redo the whole database structure for this and change a lot of code, but I'm working on the plans and structure.
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Im new here i hate to read 4 pages.....i think we shold make some leguage where we have test games etc.....only vouched players can join...
    [b][size=7][color=red]Repub[color=blue]lika S[color=white]rpska

no testgames. rogers knows better than that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast