Default Error Patching vcredist_x86.exe

This problem has to do with the patching of my RGC.

Firstly, it does connect to the patch server and displays a message saying 3 files to be downloaded; 2.58 MB. The first one goes through (rgcp.exe) taking up 0.9 MB but at vcredist_x86.exe, the progress bar just keeps moving with no download whatsoever. 50 MB of data has been sent/received with nothing happening.

Note: I was previously running the 2007 version of vcredist_x86.exe, but now I also tried it with the 2010 version but no ado.

Does this have to do with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package issues? If so, kindly advice.

Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Try to download THIS.
    Best Regards !
    x_T_c

There will be a patch later today to address your issue. Please keep checking the facebook page and this post, tell us if the patch fixed it, it will be downloadable as RGC-Online-rev8.zip.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

@ x_T_c

Thanks, that worked. The sticky hadn't been updated when I had posted, so please excuse that.

@Sir Rogers,

Sir, I have a query, how do the RGC-Online-rev*.zip packages work? Can I use it patch on to an older version that I already have? Or does it download the whole client all over?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Magic View Post
    @ x_T_c

Thanks, that worked. The sticky hadn't been updated when I had posted, so please excuse that.

@Sir Rogers,

Sir, I have a query, how do the RGC-Online-rev*.zip packages work? Can I use it patch on to an older version that I already have? Or does it download the whole client all over?
    The RGC-Online-rev* versions only contain a minimal amount of data and download most of the client all over, the reason is simple: Most users do not have download managers for their browsers, so there's a higher rate of success if they only download a small part and then use the RGC patcher to do the rest. The new RGC patcher which was deployed with 4.6 has some very good features, and it includes a download manager that resumes the download if it was interrupted for some reason (error, internet lost, paused, etc..). There are only a few issues with the patcher, as I said it's a new software and I'm fixing the bugs with every new revision. I hope that answered your questions.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

That cleared things up, thanks.

Admin may close thread.

Closed.