Default Gladiator (2000)

Storyline:
    Maximus is a powerful Roman general, loved by the people and the aging Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Before his death, the Emperor chooses Maximus to be his heir over his own son, Commodus, and a power struggle leaves Maximus and his family condemned to death. The powerful general is unable to save his family, and his loss of will allows him to get captured and put into the Gladiator games until he dies. The only desire that fuels him now is the chance to rise to the top so that he will be able to look into the eyes of the man who will feel his revenge.

"A general who became a slave. A slave who became a gladiator. A gladiator who defied an emperor."

Additional Information:

Directed by: Ridley Scott
    Produced by: Douglas Wick, David Franzoni, Branko Lustig
    Screenplay by: David Franzoni, John Logan, William Nicholson
    Story by: David Franzoni

Starring: Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen, Oliver Reed, Derek Jacobi, Djimon Hounsou, Ralf Möller, Richard Harris
    Music by: Lisa Gerrard, Hans Zimmer
    Cinematography: John Mathieson
    Editing by: Pietro Scalia

Studio: Scott Free Productions, Red Wagon Entertainment
    Distributed by: DreamWorks Pictures (United States), Universal Pictures (International)
    Release dates: May 1, 2000 (Los Angeles), May 5, 2000 (United States), May 12, 2000 (United Kingdom)

Running time: 155 minutes
    Language: English
    Budget: $103 million
    Box office: $457,640,427

Critiques:

"It's that very rare feeling that you're settling into a movie whose individual elements are so finely attuned they fuse into a singular construct of pure entertainment." Ted Fry, Film.com

"Glorious, a colossus of rousing action and ferocious fun." Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

"It lives up to the hype. Gladiator has its creaky moments, but it delivers a particular kind of visceral historical spectacle that movie audiences haven't seen in decades." William Arnold, Seattle Post-Intelligencer

"Quite a good movie--a big, fat, rousing, intelligent, daring, retro, many-adjective-requiring entertainment." Richard Corliss, Time

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

VampAurora's Critique:

One of the blockbusters of all time. It's one of the movies that ,despite it's long length, you'll eventually want more of it. Perfectly directed, acted and settled by all aspects. One stunning performance by Russell Crowe. If anyone told me he hasn't seen this, I would not believe him. A must-see movie, you just can't miss it.

Rating: 9.5/10

�Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.�

ok now who the hell havent seen `the gladiator`. i mean u must be kidding . i dunno why but new movies keep showing up like 3d and all this technology things like Avatar( hated it, didnt like any part of it except the part where that guy gets his flying animal ) or transformers( pretty good, loved megan fox at first 2 and freaking hate the `no relation with acting` the one at the third movie) but old movies like the gladiator or rocky 1.2.3.4.5.6 keep their top spot, and i hate that sylvester stallone cant make more rocky. so this movie no need for review :P 10/10