Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marcvs View Post
    1. DotARank is a part of RGC and RGC is a part of DotARank and as long i am its admin it will be that way. We can start new branches in other game, but it's origin will stay on RGC as WC3 dota. And we must not allow it to die out.
    I really don't see why. DotArank had way more active players when it was a channel on eurobattle.net, or even on Northrend (with its limit of players per channel).

DotArank should just find its place in D2 right now. You can already see that D1 community is dying out (very little tournaments, less than in HoN; no high level leagues) and RGC subsequently. Especially as it is now - with ddoses, kid/hacker admins, sign system that encourages fast games instead of quality games, points system that favours channels that have many games a day.

That's just what I think, you may not agree, but I remember times when DotArank was better off. And it wasn't thanks to "amazing platform", strict vouch system, good rules but players, friends, community itself.
    Last edited by Cnacnel; 31-01-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

So basically your only solution is to let it die and migrate to D2?

I am sorry, i don't agree with you.

I want to keep RGC branch of dr.com live and active as long as possible, if you want to be part of dr.com on any other platform or even game, feel free to do so.

And please, point out those kid admins on dr.com?

And i really don't see difference between typing !sign ap and clicking sign button. What you miss is old IH (tyr's) cm games.

So basically your only solution is to let it die and migrate to D2?

I am sorry, i don't agree with you.

I want to keep RGC branch of dr.com live and active as long as possible, if you want to be part of dr.com on any other platform or even game, feel free to do so.

And please, point out those kid admins on dr.com?

And i really don't see difference between typing !sign ap and clicking sign button. What you miss is old IH (tyr's) cm games.
    kid/hacker admins on RGC not dr.com

Also, how do you want to keep it active if you yourself are inactive.

You don't have to be sorry, after all we are just saying what we really think.

What I miss is a community of players that know each other and play for fun. That's why on RGC I only play stacks with Mfw_, Sirinakis, twkn_ etc.

Yes, games created by admins were the best. Not only by tyr), if you remember there were many admin-hosted games and people rarely signed. Sign system makes people anonymous.
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY

Imo dr staff lacks other kind of admin. i mean you are all the same "strict" kind. Mb you need one cool, one more human, one more HS etc.. if u know what i mean
    And ofc all active.

I just tried to make a room active and it worked because the admins(me and siri) were active. We had like 3-4 games a day for 50 ppl online max. I didnt see more flamers than in dr.com and we vouched a lot of new ppl. We just talked to them and trusted them for one game. Since we were active, if they were big flamers, we just unvouch insta after the game.

-> its not hard to make a room active with quality games if u have active admins.
    Last edited by my_name_is_8D; 31-01-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: da
    Hi my friends.

I agree on the admin part, that is why i want to promote active people.

I take the blame for being inactive, but i will try to do as best as I can.

R.I.P Brah gaming

Well JUICE Killed DR like it or not and poor management

Quote Originally Posted by morflink View Post
    Well JUICE Killed DR like it or not and poor management
    if roger had listened to me dr/rgc wouldnt die off as it will soon do, d2 is a game change and rgc wont cut it

and what did u tell him?
    Hi my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas Georgiadis View Post
    if roger had listened to me dr/rgc wouldnt die off as it will soon do, d2 is a game change and rgc wont cut it
    Once again. DR as a community doesn't need rgc to live... really.

Thanks for stopping by to leave a response Antidepresiv, I do appreciate that.

I don't intend to put all the blame of the current situation on to RGC and consider it only your fault. The fault lies within the community, within our own administration... hell, even human physche.

The quick and low-enough-to-be-bearable quality setting has been expanding massively as of late. In an age where we still lack proper organization for information quality, sites like 9gag will remain to be popular due to how fast the content is and brings something generally pleasing to everyone. On a site like Reddit, where people are even accused of being elitist due to how serious they want to take their "Internet discussions" - image memes, ragecomics are the ones that dominate with infinite amounts of upvotes, not the discussions or articles that have days and days of work put into them. That easily correlates to a grandma beating a college professor at providing information to the masses. That's why the so-called "Low-effort" content is banned from most serious subreddits. On RGC, there is no punishment for low-effort content.

In such an environment translated to RGC, an unprofessionally ran league doesn't need quality to overcome DR, just more games more often, and not banning people when we would. Regulations are usually enforced mainly because humans by default don't opt for quality and don't recognize it in the first place.

I don't really wish to put forward an image of DR as a heaven for DotA gamers, where we all do our job perfectly as staff... We most certainly don't, and our service is definitely lack luster, mainly on the activity side of it as of late. It's hard to get a proper service without the people or the funding to do a proper job that would genuinly attract people over channels of lower quality. Excuses aside, I would say we've done quite a lot trying to get things going but in some situations you're just stuck in a 50 meter hole trying to get out by climbing a 5 meter ladder.

To kindof remain on the topic though, people should remember that there is no need for DR not to be a DotA(1) community for as long as it's needed. But such a thing requires community feedback and support. When the demand is so low that any content of lower quality takes over due to simple activity, there is not much to be done. But if members of the community do want it, there can always be a DR channel waiting. A "community" requires a dedicated set of players that recognize that channel as their preferable place to play. Sadly, the main part of the community opted for DotA2, this early in the beta already. The people who still opt for DotA1 need to be louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas Georgiadis View Post
    I know the whole shabang surrounding that story, if there was something constructive to do, i could not see it.

The quick and low-enough-to-be-bearable quality setting has been expanding massively as of late. In an age where we still lack proper organization for information quality, sites like 9gag will remain to be popular due to how fast the content is and brings something generally pleasing to everyone. On a site like Reddit, where people are even accused of being elitist due to how serious they want to take their "Internet discussions" - image memes, ragecomics are the ones that dominate with infinite amounts of upvotes, not the discussions or articles that have days and days of work put into them. That easily correlates to a grandma beating a college professor at providing information to the masses. That's why the so-called "Low-effort" content is banned from most serious subreddits. On RGC, there is no punishment for low-effort content.
    If you can install a human filter for the users that register on the client, and judge them right away, that would be great. The quality of, as you say low-effort content, isn't always as low as you described it to be. Popularity brings both good and bad things to a project or person, and in my oppinion RGC is doing a hell of a job maintaining the quality of everything, as much as we can.

DR got alot of competition lately, both bad and good, the bad competition dies off quickly, while the good one, tries to stay active and does whatever it needs, to be good, and not go down the road of "just another waste of time" thing.

In my oppinion, the things happening with DR are not a result of the last months work, or anything like that. The entire administration, of the channel, hasn't been around, including Stu!, havo, x_T_c, and so on. For a league or community to be active, people who lead it, need to be there, and force games, and what is the new trend as of recently, you need to give something back to the community, as most of the players expect that in return. This was not set by RGC, this was set by other leagues, and more competition, in all regions of the Dota world.

In such an environment translated to RGC, an unprofessionally ran league doesn't need quality to overcome DR, just more games more often, and not banning people when we would. Regulations are usually enforced mainly because humans by default don't opt for quality and don't recognize it in the first place.
    How do we define professionalism? Where do we determine if a league is professional. In my view on things, a professional league, requires sponsorship, money prizes, tournaments, coverage, website, professional players participating, globaly known administration, strong organizations that are included in the package and so on. These things simply do not exist in either DR or any other league on RGC, except for a short time, when there was the old BDL(that was also semi-good) and the old APDL, that had most of the things. Sorry but we can nto call ourselves professionals, because we are far from that. Sure we might be doing a good or even great job in some fields of this world, but that only serves for a short period of time.

Once again. DR as a community doesn't need rgc to live... really.
    This is just hate talking, 5-6 months ago, you were Rogers bitch, and RGC's bitch. Now instead of fighting for something that others including you have been building, you would rather kill it off, and move on. Makes me wonder when the same thing happens in D2, if you will have the same attitude towards it.

Anyway, RGC staff does not interfere in DR matters, but if we can't help you, we won't do anything to harm you. So once again, if you want help, or need it, we are there to push things, restore things, and set things on their righteous way.
    Last edited by Antidepresiv; 07-02-2012 at 02:10 AM.
    PHP Code:
    <?php 
    abstract class Ignorance extends Stupidity implements Unavoidable {  
         public static 
    $humiliation;  

private function 
    __construct(){ 

parent::__destruct(); 
         };  
    }  
    ?>

Quote Originally Posted by Antidepresiv View Post
    This is just hate talking, 5-6 months ago, you were Rogers bitch, and RGC's bitch. Now instead of fighting for something that others including you have been building, you would rather kill it off, and move on. Makes me wonder when the same thing happens in D2, if you will have the same attitude towards it.
    Because it's directed to me, I am obliged to respond.

First of all, I don't see why would DR have to be part of RGC? Indeed, DotArank was created by Roger, he is also the creator of RGC. But... as you know (or you don't) at some point - he made a long post about it - Roger officially resigned from DotArank and concentrated on Client. As such, I have no idea why you mention Roger here. He is still welcome to the community, he's a cool guy and people like him, I do. Actually, he will always be part of our family, as Sir-Rogers.

Secondly, why do you call me "Roger's bitch"? It's neither polite, nor true. And if you call me that because you consider yourself someone's bitch, then I have nothing more to say on that topic. If you don't, then you are just rude and you have some hang-ups about my person. I don't know why.

Lastly, I do NOT want to kill it. I believe RGC is killing it right now. And that's what I really think, that's what I clearly stated in my first post.

I don't get the part about D2, so I can't answer properly.

Regards,
    not-Sir-Rogers.
    Last edited by Cnacnel; 07-02-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Hello everyone,

I guess it's my turn to respond. This is going to be one of my lengthier threads, if you do not have the patience or are simply not interested to read all the way, then I can tell you that I do support marcvs and Hellspawn's decision. In fact Hellspawn's posts contain a very deep seated truth, which I am going to explore. My reason for supporting this is because RGC was not created to be a DotA platform and gather lots of players so that I can make money. No, RGC was created because I could not find a suitable platform for my dota community (dr.com) at the time, and we needed a good place where we could play. Also there was something about Blizzard's Warden screwing with the hostbots :>

Anyway, let's address the different issues. Hellspawn is absolutely right, gaming is evolving, and whether it's for better or for worse, that is debatable and no side will ever be right. Let's look at games over the past 10 years. At the beginning games rarely had a working Multiplayer mode, and once they did start to have it, the "Online Lobby" games started popping up, where you could browse open games and join them (Yes, Warcraft III is one of those). Then more recently "Matchmaking" games started to come along, starting in the FPS genre, and now other genres, such as DotA, are catching on.

I love our Inhouse games, there was nothing like it. I even met a Greek friend, who was an admin in dotarank at the time, in Crete, and we were having an absolute blast. There's nothing like it, but times are changing. Nowadays myself and many others would rather start a game than wait for 9 other trustworthy people to show up. I can only speak for myself personally, I don't have the luxury anymore to wait 30min for everyone to show up. I don't know when I will find a spare few minutes to play games, so I need flexibility that long waiting times cannot give me - this includes waiting for ingame friends to finish their current game. Others simply don't care and just don't want to wait, and they trust "the system" to arrange them a good game.

This is an important point, it's not dotarank that is dieing due to playerbase and platform, it's the principles the communtiy is built on that are dieing out. Evolution is taking place. I thought I was going to write a longer post here, but it's almost 6am and I need some sleep, so I'll wrap up quickly. The system needs to be changed, the changes I made over a year ago were preparation work for that's to come, I could see the evolution happening, but improving the "system", i.e. RGC was delayed massively due to the DDoS attacks we've been facing.

This is how I see the future: a perfect matchmaking system will remove any need for community. However no matchmaking system is perfect, there will always be flaws, but I strongly believe it will solve all current problems. The community channels should be an addition to the matchmaking system, not the matchmaking system itself, as it is right now. The channels are used as a medium to organise and balance games, which is not right. The way it should be, and the way I see it happening, is that the community channels will be used to gather a team of 5 people that will then enter the matchmaking system together. (This doesn't exclude two teams of 5 gathering in the community channel to fight each other, but it removes the limits imposed by the current system)

Long story cut short, the Matchmaking system is one of the things that will happen in the near future. I will make it for Warcraft III maps first, then extend to DotA, maybe even DotA 2. There are many ways for certain issues to be addressed. Anyway, I think that's about everything that I had to say.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Quote Originally Posted by Antidepresiv
    In my oppinion, the things happening with DR are not a result of the last months work, or anything like that. The entire administration, of the channel, hasn't been around, including Stu!, havo, x_T_c, and so on.
    That is the 2/3 of the problem, including resigning some of most active members (Superevil and Cookie). This problem is being addressed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Rogers
    This is going to be one of my lengthier threads..
    You've been longer

You've been longer
    That's what she said. Then Thomas appears, and she finishes with "Once you go black ..."

Regards,
    Sir Rogers

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

*appears*
    Last edited by my_name_is_8D; 07-02-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Hi my friends.

The problem is just Dota 2. Within ~1 month all the active members from DR.Inhouse (which is aswell the major active part from DR.Community) got their keys and moved to Dota 2 and never came back to play on RGC ( including myself )
    DR.Inhouse is NOT dead, actually the exact opposite is the case:
    Dota Rank(DR.IH) Steam Group:
    Playing time: 2047.9 hrs this week
    Member Avg: 46.5 hrs past 2 weeks

This Steam group consists to ~95% of RGC Dr.Ih members and as you see, we play 2000 hours of Dota 2 in 7 days, and every member plays almost 25 hours/week. That's quite a lot if you ask me.

The only problem we face is the currently impossible / very bad channel management in Dota 2. Nevertheless we play in multiple groups of 5 at the same time and play vs public people.

The only thing that happened is just the natural movement from an old game to it's successor version.

PQG staff talking.

Regards,
    Sir-Rogers
    Hi my friends.

Don't despair, we'll have DotA 2 in RGC !

Now let's brainstorm, how this would be possible even with private communities. Maybe matchmaking for private communities (rooms you have a vouch in) and then it just finds 5ppl who can play dota2 together, and doesnt need o find 2 teams. Im replying via teamviewer so dont mind my typos. Brainstorm , gogo

And Thomas: more originality, less fanboy syndrome, stop faking my signature xD

Regards,
    Sir Rogers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast