Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers View Post
    Maybe matchmaking for private communities (rooms you have a vouch in) and then it just finds 5ppl who can play dota2 together, and doesnt need o find 2 teams.
    Huh?
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: pm if anyone want
    [20:09] ED`Unkind: go under rainbow and write poems
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: noo
    [20:10] gankwithDAME-.-: wanna by my crystal maiden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dako View Post
    7. Do you consider yourself well-mannered?
    No, as any professional player
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ancient-
    I speak fluent English and little Franch.

You remember what matchmaking is right? It pairs up 10 people, 5 per team to play a game. The idea is simple, create matchmaking, but make it pair up only 5 people, 1 team.

Like signing for a game just with 5 people, then those 5 ppl will go on to Steam->DotA 2 and join the matchmaking queueu together. Helping you find 4 reliable people that you can join the game's matchmaking system with.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    "I am just another lost soul, locked inside a box, looking for a key."

Please do not write me visitor messages or private messages on the forums, I do not have the time to check the at this point in time. I will reply on RGC if I have time, but sometime I am online but not present.

You can always use our Support Room: /j support

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Rogers View Post
    You remember what matchmaking is right? It pairs up 10 people, 5 per team to play a game. The idea is simple, create matchmaking, but make it pair up only 5 people, 1 team.

Like signing for a game just with 5 people, then those 5 ppl will go on to Steam->DotA 2 and join the matchmaking queueu together. Helping you find 4 reliable people that you can join the game's matchmaking system with.

Regards,
    Sir Rogers
    Oh ok, so it just creates a party of 5. Seems like a good idea.
    [20:09] gankwithDAME-.-: Cute beautiful man searching for sexy BUSTY girl with fat ass and beautiful eye!no kid no fan pm me!cam on cam!!REALY

Now let's brainstorm, how this would be possible even with private communities. Maybe matchmaking for private communities (rooms you have a vouch in) and then it just finds 5ppl who can play dota2 together, and doesnt need o find 2 teams. Im replying via teamviewer so dont mind my typos. Brainstorm , gogo

Are you high?
    I don't understand you at all :O

Quote Originally Posted by Araziell View Post
    Are you high?
    I don't understand you at all :O
    It creates a party of 5 (it's like a current sign system, just that it creates a party, not a game)

Default Hello

Hello, my friends, playmates, DotaRank players and the braindamaged thomas.

I believe it's time for me to respond to this thread. I've been gone for a long time, especialy for those who didn't play dota2 with me there. I tried to make a beta-IH there, and that plan failed. So I went off doing other things, cuz, honetly, pub dota doesn't appleal to me much. Me response is very late perhaps, and perhaps some of you don' care. Your problem. I think I'll first give responses to some I-consider-noteworthy ideas in this thread. Then I'll have no choice but to summarize what I believe in.

Marcvs Opening Post: Concerns wc3 dota and dotarank, that doesn't bother too much. Yet, FVR sounds risky. So is IVR, it opens channel too much, shifting more towards EAL and further from Dr.Comm IH principles.

tWkN: The idea about different branches is good, unless better solution is avaible.

Hellspawn: Ohh my. Big one. Agree about the first part, but the fact it that was/is unavoidabl and not within the power of administration to change it. About staff, agree, it have to come from heart. DotA2 - interesting read. Conclusion - support your opinion.

shooker/Hellspawn: cs1.6 cs:s issue - I don't think there will remain such strong community that cs1.6 has. More like sc1/2, where SC2 have way stronger scene than BW.

Sirian: Hello there!

Antidepresiv: Hmm. Everything you say seems right. But RGC together with what I now believe to be some bad administrative decisions and choices by us made DR what it is today. And DotA2 beta ofc killed what could still been nice.

Marcvs#2: point 1 - You might be trying to ride a dead horse here. Wether or not dota1 Dr has any future will be only clear after relese of dota2. point 2 - see above.

KNA: The man perhaps speaks truth.

Hellspawn#2: The people who still opt for DotA1 need to be louder. This. Pretty much this.

Antidepresiv#2: Meh. You sound defensive, but it's not yours, nor, in facts, any adminstration member of rgc fault that it has become what it has. It was unavoidable.

Cna: Drama.

sir-Rogers:
    This is how I see the future: a perfect matchmaking system will remove any need for community.
    No. Community can't be achieved with perfect MMing. Sure I'll always get to play with similary skilled players and whatnot, but that's not what I would want. I want my IH games, with people i know, who I like, who got more than average brain cells. No MMing in forseeable future will match me with such people every game.

Sir-Rogers#2: Now wer talking. However, I believe much will depend on what features will (#1)Valve provide for D2 communities and (#2)wether or not things like hostbots and qulity ones will be present. If #1 is strong and number #2 week, it might be better to completly migrate to D2. However in case it's the other way around, it might be worth it to incorparate system similiar to one DR had in eurobattle times. This party stuff is just meh in my humble opinion. Thou shallt not invest time into it.

That'd be all the comments on your ideas. After thinking about all I've read here, I think that D2 should have a sepperate branch of DR. I also belive D2 branch should feature only an inhouse group. I will probably expand on this later. No time now.

EDIT: Need new forums. This green staff tag is horrible
    You cast Thundergod's Wrath.
    Your Thundergod's Wrath hits random Hero for 147 damage. (157 absorbed) (283 resisted) (347 eaten by wolves) (108 abused by Michael Jackson)

I don't know about this, but pretty much thousands of people still play DotA 1, just look at Pub channels(though they are pubs xD)

We don't want DR to become something like EAL; a channel full of pub-wannabes with big time ego issues. We want to have a community focusing on manners and a decent skill level. Now, that DotA 2 is out, it's nearly impossible not to vouch people from pubs but still create a community. But to not let DR die completly, we need to get people who are mannered and fit the skill (more or less) no matter what. So we started these IVR (instant vouch requests). I'm working on getting decent players vouched for DR. But everytime I find someone, I think he doesn't really fit.
    A lot of people stopped DotA or moved on to DotA 2. DR will never be the same. But as we opened the community, there's a chance to re-establish it.

I'm not saying to fill it with pub-wannabes, there is a reason why "unvouch" is made and test vouching, if he seems not fitting then you can unvouch him. The point is there are still a lot of people not moving to DotA 2 but still fit for DR standards you just have to easen up the entrance D

We already did so. I vouched a lot of people in the past few days. But I don't really comfortable with it.

Get This Community Back ASAP
    Last edited by G's; 09-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123