Default Star Heritage 1: The Black Cobra

We have introduced this game in the very beginning of its development 1 year ago at the Birthday Party of The Inventory (do you still remember this superious magazine? ) We have answered a lot of questions, presented you wallpapers and music themes from the game.

Nowdays Star Heritage 1: The Black Cobra is quite near the release in Russian Federation (there is a couple of weeks left). We are negotiating with several European and World publishing companies to make this game available in another languages. We really want you to play this unique game with the next features:

• Nonlinear script
    • Captivating fantastic original plot
    • Photorealistic graphics
    • More than 200 game screens
    • First-person view
    • Change of weather conditions and time of the day
    • Specially designed battle system
    • Developed in detail characters' personalities
    • High-quality 3D sound and special effects
    • Original music

More information about the game is available on its official page www.stepgames.com/projects.php?id=1
    The art-gallery of Star Heritage is here www.stepgames.com/art.php?id=1

Today we are glad to present you an exclusive screensaver Star Heritage 1: The Black Cobra (24,8 Mb)!

Default Re: Star Heritage 1: The Black Cobra

How strange... Noone is interested in the game that will be released in a couple of weeks, which have strong RPG elements and nonlinearity...
    At least I'm waiting this game :-)

I was interested until I heard that it was a 1st person AG (a kind of AG that I have tried so many times to get into but just can't). One thing I will say is, this is the best contender the company has for releasing something in English speaking territories (most importantly USA).

The USA is where games such as 'Myst' and 'Voyage' sell significantly better than over here. If I were to bet money on a single title of theirs that will become a success, my money would ride on this.

I would be interested if I had heard more about it... Or anything at all. I love adventure/rpg!

There are different 1st person AGs. Imagine this one as a Black Mirror or Syberia without a walking person. Or Shannara. At leest that is what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    There are different 1st person AGs. Imagine this one as a Black Mirror or Syberia without a walking person. Or Shannara. At leest that is what I saw.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by artwking4
    I would be interested if I had heard more about it... Or anything at all. I love adventure/rpg!
    where are you from?

We surely think about advancing to western markets with our Star Heritage game. It just takes a little bit longer.

first person AG allows to feel by a protagonist. In the game also there is the intresting fight system.

Quote Originally Posted by Morir
    where are you from?
    Oh, the United States. I mean, I read about this game a couple weeks ago on AE, I think, but I thought it was just starting development. I tend to get more of my "local" game news from Adventure Gamers, but AE is also great, and also lets me know what games are on the horizon. And because of them, now I know a bit more about Star Heritage. So I hope we get to see it over here (as well as Evenings on a Farm).

To all: Thanx for your posts and wishes to see our games overseas in Europe and States. This is very nice to hear that you guys are anxious to play them, but we are here also to answer to more specific questions about our products therefore any questions in this perspective are welcome and will be aswered for sure. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morir
    where are you from?
    Oh, the United States. I mean, I read about this game a couple weeks ago on AE, I think, but I thought it was just starting development. I tend to get more of my "local" game news from Adventure Gamers, but AE is also great, and also lets me know what games are on the horizon. And because of them, now I know a bit more about Star Heritage. So I hope we get to see it over here (as well as Evenings on a Farm).
    you should vesit our web-site www.stepgames.com - in the news you will find some links to the interview sessions. We have answered a lot of questions about Star Heritageand sure you will find some interesting information.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Swan
    To all: Thanx for your posts and wishes to see our games overseas in Europe and States. This is very nice to hear that you guys are anxious to play them, but we are here also to answer to more specific questions about our products therefore any questions in this perspective are welcome and will be aswered for sure. Thank you.
    Okay. I read the AE interview at least. Tell me about this battle system you have. ;D Is it fist fights, or does it use weapons (and what kind of weapons)? Is it turn-based (like Might & Magic) or real-time (like the Quest for Glory games)? Can you actually die from battle? Do you need to heal yourself after each fight? So many things I could ask.

Good, speaking of battle system. It's first person fight where you can see your arms and can actually hit your enemy. You can use weapons< but you have to find them first :-), you can die of battle and in most of the cases this will happen to you (don't forget to save before you put up a fight ) ). You sure will need to heal yourself after (there are several ways to do it). It's not turn-based action. You can hit when you have enough strength to do so. Say, if enemy hit you badly you need few seconds to recover before you can actually hit him (or it) back.

in all batles you get some xp and you fight with stronger monsters. you can develop own strategies to fight monster - you can risk and kill monster in 30 seconds, but you also can die in this time.
    also you can choose more safe strategy but fight can take very long time.
    all monsters has same parameters like player - so they can get tired too.
    You can block their attacks - They can dodge yours, etc.

Nice. I like being able to see the fists/weapons strike the enemy (so I know I'm not just missing all the time!). And I like the idea of being "stunned" by a really good hit by an enemy (hopefully they can be stunned as well). Very realistic.

Are these battles random encounters such as in the Final Fantasy games, where you're walking along and suddenly you're fighting monsters, or can you see them coming and try to run away or sneak around most of them? And once you're in battle, can you escape when things don't look so good, or is it a fight to the finish?

Are battles taking a big place in the game? Or it is more of an adventure games with some elements of action in it?
    !Viva la revolución!

I read on the AE interview that the game is 60% exploration, 30% puzzles, and 10% fighting (although there's more of that if people really want it).

Nice. I like being able to see the fists/weapons strike the enemy (so I know I'm not just missing all the time!). And I like the idea of being "stunned" by a really good hit by an enemy (hopefully they can be stunned as well). Very realistic.

Are these battles random encounters such as in the Final Fantasy games, where you're walking along and suddenly you're fighting monsters, or can you see them coming and try to run away or sneak around most of them? And once you're in battle, can you escape when things don't look so good, or is it a fight to the finish?
    Yep, there is stunning (for a short time, so not to frustrate the player ) and blocking in the fight. And there are visual effects so you can see then your hits strike true. You can't miss it, pardon the pun ;D

Battles in Star Heritage are not random encounters - although their occurence does depend on some factors, like time of the day or the legal status of the protagonist. You can't see the monsters coming (or escape, for that matter) - although some battles can be avoided by the "game-world" means. For example, artang patrols hunt curfew-violators - but would gladly let go any human agent working for them...

Sounds like a fun game with a lot of depth to it...