Default Graphics over puzzles?

syberia was one of the most amazing adventures when it came to its graphics, but when it came to puzzles and difficulty level, it hands-down failed... syberia 1 has to be one of the easiests adventures ever created (with syberia 2 following closely)... can we expect the new games to keep the graphic level high but raise the challenge bar a bit?

Default Re: Graphics over puzzles?

This is always a very difficult question to answer. The difficulty level is, somehow, always too high for some players and too low for others. I think that real "puzzle driven" adventure lovers are more "Myst like" players than to our games. In "Paradise", the difficulty will be very close from what "Syberia" offered... Sorry
    In our next point and click adventure, "Sinking Island", the difficulty will be higher.

See I thought the difficulty in the Syberia series was just right. I guess it depends on the individual player.

Quote Originally Posted by White Birds
    In our next point and click adventure, "Sinking Island", the difficulty will be higher.
    What does this mean: more myst-like puzzles or more difficult inventory puzzles? If myst-like - will there be enough clues to solve them?

Quote Originally Posted by White Birds
    This is always a very difficult question to answer. The difficulty level is, somehow, always too high for some players and too low for others. I think that real "puzzle driven" adventure lovers are more "Myst like" players than to our games. In "Paradise", the difficulty will be very close from what "Syberia" offered... Sorry
    not necessarily! when i talk about puzzles i don't just mean mechanical myst-like puzzles (several ppl know how i feel about myst anyway! ;D)... i am talking about all kinds of puzzles: inventory, logical etc... i prefer inventory puzzles myself, with a few logical and maybe even mechanical puzzles thrown in there, as long as it makes sense why they're there, and there are enough clues on how to solve them! inventory puzzles can have varied levels of difficulty, and without being outrageous!

i agree that difficulty is a subjective matter though, and newer adventurers may encounter more troubles, but us old-timers should be taken under consideration too!

Another question concerning puzzles: Will there be any dialogue-based puzzles as in those Lucasarts-Games we all remember?
    It seems that this kind of puzzle is a forgotten art in the games industry.

As other games from Benoit Sokal, there are lots of dialogs in "Paradise". But the puzzles are mainly based on mechanisms, ad are quite "logical".