Default What after Scratches...

Hi there,

Well, Scratches is close to release ... what are your future plans (in case Scratches meets your expectations)?
    ---<br />Basti<br />www.adventure-treff.de

Default Re: What after Scratches...

Scratches has more than actually met our expectations
    Really, the interest on this game has surpassed even our wildest dreams. Which is a good thing, mind you!

We're definitely going to begin work on a new game early next year. We're expecting to shorten the production cycle a lot, now that we have the engine ready and the experience (which both supposed an overhead of easily 10-12 months). We're most likely going to work on a game among the same lines of Scratches (horror, first-person, etc).
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Not to mention the Scratches action figures, lunchboxes and cartoon series! ;D

And books and movies!

(no kidding)

(okay okay, sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin Cordes
    We're definitely going to begin work on a new game early next year. We're most likely going to work on a game among the same lines of Scratches (horror, first-person, etc).
    Good . Nice to see it will be along the same lines and that Scratches won't be franchised (at least initially).

While I mostly turned off by first-person, Scratches really caught my eye. It's the engine I believe, haven't seen anything like it and it way open me up to more first-person adventures using the engine.
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Disco, I normally can't stand first-person games either.

I think a panoramic 360* view helps a lot, rather than slideshow graphics.

(Scratches has a choice of panoramic or slideshow, so you can have it the way you like )

I was quite surprised to learn that many people who literally couldn't stand first-persons liked the demo. It's a shame though, there are some great games in that perspective out there!

That said, we're looking to add more character interaction in our next title. There are many ideas in the air...

Before Scratches, I didn't really like first-person. I'm glad I gave this one a chance.