Default New Ganme - Medieval

Hi there,

tell us something about this new game. Where will the action take place? When will it be released? Anything?

Default Re: New Ganme - Medieval

Quote Originally Posted by papapichu
    Hi there,

tell us something about this new game. Where will the action take place? When will it be released? Anything?
    It will take place in a mysterious abbaye somewhere in Europe, maybe Italy, and the release will depends on the future publisher ! We plan to finish the dev around May 06, so I suppose that the release could be for August/september

I don't suppose it does involve killed monks?
    There was this book, you know?

I happen to live and study in Bologna and here you get to see Umberto Eco once in a while (at university).

I happen to live and study in Bologna and here you get to see Umberto Eco once in a while (at university).
    Sounds kind of like Acedior, an adventure game for Palm OS.

Yes the "Name of the Rose" inspired us ! ;-) Even if the story is different !
    As a tribute to Umberto, the name of the character is ... Umberto ! ;-)
    We liked the movie from JJ Anaud too !

Quote Originally Posted by artwking4

I will take a look on this title

Ok, you win.
    I definitely am going to buy the title.
    Game developers who know Umberto Eco can't be wrong.

Can you tell a bit more about this game? As far as i understand it is a first game you make using a new engine. Why have you decided to from th 1 person vew to 3 person view The game will be a 2.5d or 3d? Can you tell a bit more about the plot?

Quote Originally Posted by KheopsTeam
    Quote Originally Posted by artwking4

I will take a look on this title

The webpage for the game is here: http://www.fade-team.com/content.php?content.13

I haven't played it yet, but here's a little bit of what Acedior's story is about:

April 22th, 1365, The king of France send a military squad around the area of the Bourget Lake in Savoy, to get rid of some goups of gypsies that were roaming the countryside and terrorized the local villagers with their shady reputation. They decided to rest for the night in the Chatelombre monastery but, when they got there, all they discovered was an abandoned place.
    The evening dinner was ready and the table set, but they could't find any sign of the 16 monks that were supposed to live there.

This game is based on the true story of the disappearance of the chamberlombre monks, but the interpretation of events is fictive...

Enter the mysterious monastery of Chatelombre and incarnate brother Baptiste, a monk trying to understand the horrible curse that fall on the monastery.

Acedior is the first point and click adventure featuring beautiful CG graphics.for PalmOS devices.
    They go on to say that their inspirations were "The name of the rose" and the Gabriel Knight games. I'm just saying it sounded famiiar. But that's bound to happen if two games are being made based on a true story. Either way, I'm interested, as I love medieval settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    Can you tell a bit more about this game? As far as i understand it is a first game you make using a new engine. Why have you decided to from th 1 person vew to 3 person view The game will be a 2.5d or 3d? Can you tell a bit more about the plot?
    We have a prototype of this game with our 2.5d engine with some new features for the gameplay. We will try to propose something fresh with this gameplay. I think that a 3rd person view is interesting for a better appropriation of the character. I also think that this kind of engine has a better perception from magazines. I mean that sometimes we have seen some bad comments on some adventure games only because it was a first person view. The opinion of players is important for this point, what kind of game do you prefer ? ;-)
    It's too early for the plot, we have to sign the project first with a publisher ! ;-)
    Ok ... you will have many parallel goals and one will be to find who killed Father Wilfried !

. I mean that sometimes we have seen some bad comments on some adventure games only because it was a first person view.
    Its a Cryo Syndrome I'd say (I know that some persons at Kheops are from there) ;-) I found some of Cryo games with this 1pv engine too boring... But since Egypt 3 your games became more and more interesting. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by KheopsTeam
    The opinion of players is important for this point, what kind of game do you prefer ? ;-)
    I'll say that my preference is for 3rd person perspective (although I hate it when the character walks/runs too slowly). I'm not into most first person games like Myst, but I'm sure that's more because of the types of puzzles they use and how little character interaction there usually is, rather than what POV I'm experiencing. I really liked Zork Nemesis and Zork Grand Inquisitor though. I recently won a copy of your game, Voyage, from Adventure Gamers, and I'm looking forward to playing it! (although there's a few games ahead of it on the waiting list )

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    . I mean that sometimes we have seen some bad comments on some adventure games only because it was a first person view.
    Its a Cryo Syndrome I'd say (I know that some persons at Kheops are from there) ;-) I found some of Cryo games with this 1pv engine too boring... But since Egypt 3 your games became more and more interesting. :-)
    I don't know if it's a Cryo syndrom but we have also seen these comments for our games on French magazines ! ;-( From our point of view a good game is not not related to a 1pv or 3pv engine.

And yes as you know Alex, almost everybody were previous Cryo employees ! ;-)

I definately prefer 3rd person games. I always seem to get lost in 1st person, and I also don't like the puzzles of a lot of 1st person games.