Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka

Well... your responses about this game show us that you like it very much
    However, let us tell again a little about Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka based on the novels wirtten by famous Russian author Nikolai Gogol.

The action of the game takes place near the Ukrainian small village of 18th century called Dikanka. The main hero of the game is a rural blacksmith Vakula, who is in love with Oksana, the first beauty of Dikanka. But Oksana presents an apparently impossible requirement: she wants Vacula to bring her shoes which the Russian Tsarina wears. Following Vacula you will make thrilling adventure under the noble purpose - to satisfy the desire of the beloved and to win a victory over her heart. You are awaited with set of adventures in Dikanka, in the captivated forest and in a court yard of Tsarina in Saint-Petersburg. You will meet characters from Gogol's stories and national fairytales, plunge into the beautiful love affairs of its heroes, and take part in amusing Gogol-esque dialogues. The game imperceptibly turns from a household fairytale into a fantastic story, sometimes ridiculous, but sometimes terrible...

The official page of the game is www.stepgames.com/projects.php?id=5
    The art-gallery is situated here www.stepgames.com/art.php?id=5

To this ADOC 2005 we have prepared for you some exclusive screenshots!

Default Re: Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka

I must say that this game is beyond beautiful. I get such happy and slightly classic Holiday feeling from my childhood when looking at these screens. It was very exciting to read in your recent interview with Jon Adventure that you were talking to companies about localising your games. Can you tell us if any deals have closed since? Please excuse my excitement, but as you said we like this game very much .
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Can't wait to play a demo !

This is one of the sweetest looking adventure games I've ever seen. I don't know how the story will be or how the gameplay will be, but the graphics sure look awesome. It's been a long time since we saw a cartoon game with such high quality graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco
    I must say that this game is beyond beautiful. I get such happy and slightly classic Holiday feeling from my childhood when looking at these screens. It was very exciting to read in your recent interview with Jon Adventure that you were talking to companies about localising your games. Can you tell us if any deals have closed since? Please excuse my excitement, but as you said we like this game very much .
    Hello there , i have to say that though many gamers are interested in Dikanka we don't have many offers from publishers. Thy say 'it is too national', 'it is too russian'. However, notice, that it is more Ucranian than Russian. I hope some publishers appreciate this game and soon you will be able to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitris Manos
    This is one of the sweetest looking adventure games I've ever seen. I don't know how the story will be or how the gameplay will be, but the graphics sure look awesome. It's been a long time since we saw a cartoon game with such high quality graphics.
    So... lets write together a letter 'pls pls dear publisher (for ex DreamCatcher ) we really want to play this game so much... would you be so kind to...'

I really hope this game sees an American release. Or perhaps at least being able to buy it through online distribution, like through Telltale Now or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Morir
    Hello there , i have to say that though many gamers are interested in Dikanka we don't have many offers from publishers. Thy say 'it is too national', 'it is too russian'. However, notice, that it is more Ucranian than Russian. I hope some publishers appreciate this game and soon you will be able to play it
    Of course, you should have made a game with a 20y.o. hot athletic carrier-woman from the US who tries to solve a paranormal mystery : The narrow-minded approach to gaming by some of the publishers is getting somewhat annoying.

BTW People? this link here contains an error

http://www.adventure-eu.com/index.ph...id=53&PageNo=2

It's DIKANKA not DUKANKA.

It's no wonder that Dikanka has a holiday feeling: the game events take place in the night before Christmas.
    Glad you liked the graphics of Dikanka!

I would say at least English, then go from there, I would import .

They say 'it is too national', 'it is too russian'.
    But that is the beauty of it! I don't always want to play a game that could happen in my hometown, gosh that would be boring . I say bring on the heavily culturally defined games, that would help me learn more about different customs and ways of life, local humour, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by artwking4
    I really hope this game sees an American release. Or perhaps at least being able to buy it through online distribution, like through Telltale Now or something.
    The exact same thing I was thinking.

Also, I'm sorry that this is a little off topic but what are the chances of an English version of 'Alice' Journey'? Or a Russian demo at least that I could download to get an idea of what 'Dikanka' is likely to be like.

I would also like to know the targeted age rate of 'Dikanka' - even though the graphics look good and the story is intriguing, I am left with the worry that this game is aimed for the younger audience, or that this will be like one of those Christian development team projects that sacrifice a good story for game that tries to be more moral (no offence to those games and programmers, but I do like a little bad side in games ;D).

The story is based on the novels of Russian writer N.V.Gogol - the main game events are following the story of "Night before Christmas" (including the flight to St.Petersburg on a fiend's back ). Also there are influences from other N.V.Gogol's books and some Russian and Ukrainian fairy tales - our folklore has pretty colorful fairies and spirits .

Of course, you should have made a game with a 20y.o. hot athletic carrier-woman from the US who tries to solve a paranormal mystery : The narrow-minded approach to gaming by some of the publishers is getting somewhat annoying.
    Does a village witch qualify? She's the mother of the protagonist and his consultant in things magical. Well, Soloha - that's her name - is closer to 40 y.o., but pretty close otherwize...

Is there the plan for a release in german language or is it too early to ask that ?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelS
    Is there the plan for a release in german language or is it too early to ask that ?
    It's not early to ask, the game is quite near to release. We are negotiating with some German publishers, however, there are no deals yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Terramax
    Quote Originally Posted by artwking4
    The exact same thing I was thinking.

Also, I'm sorry that this is a little off topic but what are the chances of an English version of 'Alice' Journey'? Or a Russian demo at least that I could download to get an idea of what 'Dikanka' is likely to be like.

I would also like to know the targeted age rate of 'Dikanka' - even though the graphics look good and the story is intriguing, I am left with the worry that this game is aimed for the younger audience, or that this will be like one of those Christian development team projects that sacrifice a good story for game that tries to be more moral (no offence to those games and programmers, but I do like a little bad side in games ;D).
    About English version of 'Alice's Journey' - it will be if the publisher of the game, Akella, wants. Akella has all the rights for localizing the game.

Ther probably won't be a demo of 'Alice'. As to Dikanka... we'll see.

In 'Dikanka' we definitely wouldn't want to sacrifice a good story! As I said, our folklore characters can be pretty colorful. The protagonist, a village smith Vakula, hardly succumbs to the lure of the Dark Side, but, of course, the game has its share of villains

The WW rights for Alice's Journey belong to its publisher in Russia - Akella. We don't know exactly whether they are going to release it in English. If it will be possible to make public Russian demo sure we will make it.

Don't worry. As we answered in our last interview 'Really, it is much more adult than it is shown at our images. First, only adults can appreciate original gogol style and understand all the depth of concept ideas of his literary works. Second, we have already made it clear that our game, which screenshots appeal both to children and adults, converts from amusing fairy tale about the usual rural blacksmith into mysterious, intriguing and sometimes even scary story...
    '

I wonder if some one saw this wallpaper and what do you think of it?

That wallpaper offers an extremely different depiction of Vakula than what we are used to, looks almost like an antagonist. Also, I suppose those peering eyes have something to do with the forest? Oh, don't tell me that cute forest is dangerous :P!

That wallpaper offers an extremly different depiction of Vakula than what we are used to. Also, I suppose those peering eyes have something to do with the forest? Oh, don't tell me that cute forest is dangerous :P!
    ;D our game is full of surprises ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast