Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worldwide Publishing

When you changed the name to Anaconda I read that you were going to become worldwide publishers for some games. This might be a dumb question but does this mean that you will publish games around the world or just sell the rights to other publishing companies? For example are you going to publish games like Tony Tough 2 and Runaway 2 in the uk as well as Germany? I would really hate it if these games didn't come here again because of problems with publishers.

Default Re: Worldwide Publishing

Well, tp express it mysteriously, it means both. Ok, let me explain. As a company which at this time only has staff in Germany, we are dependent on partner publishers in other territories to publish or distribute our games there. Right now, we are still on the way to build up this kind of business model, selling our international licenses like Tony tough 2 to different publishers. For example, Tony Tough 2 has just been licensed by Micro Application for France.
    For Runaway 2 we only have the rights to publish the game in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, so I don't know about an UK version. But you can bes sure that we will find someone who puts Tony Tough 2 in English on the UK shelves.
    Next year, there are more international adventures published by us worldwide to come, but I can't give out the names or any furhter details yet.

Thanks for answering. I have another question. I read somewhere that Anaconda was going to publish "80 Days" in the UK. Unfortunately this source is quite unreliable and it was just a rumour. So could you clarify if this is true? Although from your previous answer I'm guessing that it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by dtp Chris
    But you can bes sure that we will find someone who puts Tony Tough 2 in English on the UK shelves.
    This is both good news and bad news. I read on American sites that Tony Tough 2 was pulled back to Quarter 1 of next year. Does this mean they were referring to release in your publishing companies' home countries only or in places such as UK, USA as well?

@ Leo: In fact it is true that we have the rights to publish 80 Days in the UK, but I haven't announced it yet officially. You can be sure that we will find somebody on the islands to distribute it there for us.

@ Terramax: the delay of Tony means that the game won't be out in any territory before February. This includes Germany as well as UK and USA - all players will have to wait until then. As negotiations with partners take some time, it might be that the German version will be out a little bit sooner, but the English will follow shortly after that, and I'm speaking of weeks, not months.

@ Leo: In fact it is true that we have the rights to publish 80 Days in the UK, but I haven't announced it yet officially. You can be sure that we will find somebody on the islands to distribute it there for us.
    That's great news! I hope it won't take too long because I'm not sure how long I can wait. :P

Hi everybody!!! I've got a question as well

As an international publisher you publish international titles as well - that's clear. One of my most awaited games in future is "A Vampyre Story" made by Autumn Moon Entertainment. They are still searching for a publisher. I just wondered if this could be interested for you as publisher. You brought so many wonderful games to us - and this one will probably be outstanding - at least when you think about who the developers are!!!

I visit their homepage every day waiting for the message: We found a publisher! ;D

@ tom23: It's not that we haven't taken a close look on this promising project. But negotiations are complicated and take some time. Right now I can only say that it is an interesting project and that we will watch it. ;D

@ tom23: It's not that we haven't taken a close look on this promising project. But negotiations are complicated and take some time. Right now I can only say that it is an interesting project and that we will watch it. ;D
    8)

That sound's good in my ears ;D ;D

And by the way - trying to get TTG to make Sam & Max 2 not episodic but publishing it as a retail version by your label would be another good idea - hehe

Maybe someone should recommend this to the guys when they are here... : ;D

Maybe someone should recommend this to the guys when they are here... : ;D
    People do already in their forum^^ But I will TELL them again..... and again.... and again.....

@dtp Chris: please try to make S&M 2.

Could someone from the forum bring the people from S&M 2 and dtp together? I think, if it is possible to finance the project, they will do it...

As I posted, please, somebody tell the guys what the best option for them would be... ;D

As I posted, please, somebody tell the guys what the best option for them would be... ;D
    Don't worry. We surely will.
    By the time dtp started its activity I had almost forgotten how much I liked adventures. Since then I think I purchased all adventure games published by dtp. Talking about faithfullness...

I really like to hear that, and I'm glad that there are some people we made happy with what we did. You know, as we have become market leader and are "big" now, some don't like us anymore... it's like the small alternative band becoming famous and thus becoming "un-cool"... :-\

I really like to hear that, and I'm glad that there are some people we made happy with what we did. You know, as we have become market leader and are "big" now, some don't like us anymore... it's like the small alternative band becoming famous and thus becoming "un-cool"... :-\
    Sad.
    And even ridiculous considering the amount of time you spend talking to the community. It's not as if you're EA or something like that.
    As I have become used to the support and information policy of dtp I get angry with other publisher very often.

You already said that The Westerner didn't sell that well compared to Black Mirror or Sherlock and that you wouldn't be satisfied with the sale figures of Ankh.
    So what makes the difference for Vampyre Story to be a promising and interesting project for you because it is also a funny cartoon adventure like Westerner or Ankh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Walker
    You already said that The Westerner didn't sell that well compared to Black Mirror or Sherlock and that you wouldn't be satisfied with the sale figures of Ankh.
    So what makes the difference for Vampyre Story to be a promising and interesting project for you because it is also a funny cartoon adventure like Westerner or Ankh?
    Well I guess its the Lucas Arts heritage. IF a Comic-Adventure was to have success, it would be a game that's at least a spiritual sequel to the LA games (or Runaway 2 - but that one isn't really a fun comic adventure, more serious)

Yeah - I mean AME-Games are in fact kind of Adventure-Gurus!! They brought the most beloved adventures to us - it's like Kate says - they producing the "new" LA-titles...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast