Default Distribution model for english releases

Hi,

I really think you should consider distributing english versions of your games digitally via download. The games are probably too russian and too niche to get distribution deals for single countries around the world. The audience probably isn't there to grant traditional retail version in different languages all done by different publishers. But I think there is a big enough market to do one international english language version (I'd actually prefer just english subtitles) that is available for download directly from your site, or via telltale now, steam, manifesto games or any similar project (xbox arcade ).

Whats your opinion on that?

Default Re: Distribution model for english releases

Quote Originally Posted by axelkothe
    Hi,

I really think you should consider distributing english versions of your games digitally via download. The games are probably too russian and too niche to get distribution deals for single countries around the world. The audience probably isn't there to grant traditional retail version in different languages all done by different publishers. But I think there is a big enough market to do one international english language version (I'd actually prefer just english subtitles) that is available for download directly from your site, or via telltale now, steam, manifesto games or any similar project (xbox arcade ).

Whats your opinion on that?
    your thought is very interesting. we are still evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of being published for ex in English with one publisher who will buy the WW (or for the whole Europe or American countries) rights for Star Heritage or Dikanka. The main disadvantage is that they won't be able to pay enough attention (and money!) to advertise our projects. On the other hand, our projects are so... unusual, so origin that world publishers are not ready to buy them at all. As i've told we are negotiating now with several publishers of different level. And no one knows what is the best: to have one world publisher or several local... :

I really think you should look into this kind of distribution for the case you can't find an english/american publisher. This may be the only chance for us to play these games...

Quote Originally Posted by axelkothe
    I really think you should look into this kind of distribution for the case you can't find an english/american publisher. This may be the only chance for us to play these games...
    You are wrong with this statement 'for the case you can't find an english/american publisher'. There were not enough time for publishers to evaluate both games.