Default Future of the Adventure Games?

I want to ask the developers and the publishers that what they think about the future of adventure games? Is Fahrenheit the future of these games?

Default Re: Future of the Adventure Games?

oh god i hope not!!! (ok, i am not a dev/pub, but i couldn't help it! sorry!)

I think Fahrenheit might be one feature, some will say maybe the actions sequences were too much or stuff like that, but the way you play with the story, and that change stuff on the future and things like that area really great. I think Fahrenheit is just a begining in that way of telling stories as for me it was not used enough, there could have used it a lot more so I would say Fahrenheit has opened some nice new ways of doing things

yes, let me specify that i was talking ONLY about the gameplay of fahrenheit...

I feel there will be a more cinematic approach or drama in adventures, making them more akin to movies. Also, deep and engaging characters is a territory that still hasn't been fully explored.

The "traditional" adventure will definitely persist because it has a very strong fanbase. There will be always a group of people that prefer to sit back, relax and focus on the cerebral gameplay. Some just don't like action. Whereas this audience will be enough for a large company to subsist or not, that remains to be seen.
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

I think we will need to get more and better storytellers that know about computer games. I am good at stories and I have a couple that would be good for adventure/rpg gaming, but on investigation, there is no money in it I would earn more as a retail sales manager.. It is why we now get professional voice actors and we talk alot about professional graphics and musicians, but we know the storytelling in games usually sucks big time because that is the area where it is still the programmer/tea boy that creates it. Until the art of storytelling comes to gaming in general, never mind adventure gaming, PC gaming in particular will just slowly die.