Default No proper saving in 80 days

why did you use checkpoint saving instead of proper saving in 80 days? ppl want to be able to save wherever and whenever they want (esp pc users and adventure gamers) and savepoints just make no sense... you need to go somewhere? you either have to leave the game on, or restart from the last savepoint... there's a power outage or your pc crashes? there goes your progress? hopefully your next adventures will feature proper saving!

Default Re: No proper saving in 80 days

I think the checkpoint saving is probably more for the timed game modes, so it makes sense there. Although it would be nice for those who were playing the game and just taking it easy to be able to save at any point.

i think it's annoying regardless... i just started the game today, and right now i am trying to find some paintings in a tomb, but because i would have to stop playing soon, i didn't even start since i might not have reached the save point by then and i would have to replay...

sure AYA your words are truth on this planet. ;D

thing is, to avoid a lot of game over due to the time challenge in the game, we wanted the player to have autosaves, so if he misses a mission and reach critical time, with a game over, player just have the restart from the last checkpoint.

there are 68 checkpoints in the game, so I assume you play it, maybe ,15 hours, you had a checkpoint every 17 minutes, which is clearly enough for an average player.
    if you have an electricity shortage after 1 hour of playing, then the closest checkpoint is for you.

of course an open minded person will now see all the advantages of these wonderful checkpoints

Quote Originally Posted by wael
    thing is, to avoid a lot of game over due to the time challenge in the game, we wanted the player to have autosaves, so if he misses a mission and reach critical time, with a game over, player just have the restart from the last checkpoint.
    this is a good advantage of the wonderful checkpoints indeed! but there could have been checkpoints, as well as proper saves... an autosave feature kinda thing!

You are reviewing the game?????

OK , look AYA, there will be a save feature into the patch 1.34 and also a free movie and for you... well...

A free tour around the globe!

you just to ask Chris about it, he will prepare everything, he already bought the tickets! Chris?! Chris!?

the free tour sounds good, forget the saves! ;D

The way I see these saves is a way to prevent "cheating": with normal saves, if you want to do a speed run, and finish the game/tour much earlier than Phileas Fogg, you just have to save first, then check the surroundings, find where the next person/object/clue is located, and once the riddle is solved, restore the savegame and rush through it.

This would IMHO spoil the game, as there's (kind of) plenty of time to visit the surroundings and still be able to end the game.

The only thing with these checkpoints, is that if you restore, the vehicles you left anywhere on the map dissapear, and you have to buy new ones...

Quote Originally Posted by ClémentXVII
    The way I see these saves is a way to prevent "cheating": with normal saves, if you want to do a speed run, and finish the game/tour much earlier than Phileas Fogg, you just have to save first, then check the surroundings, find where the next person/object/clue is located, and once the riddle is solved, restore the savegame and rush through it.
    actually this can happen easier with the checkpoints... start from a checkpoint, take your time to see everything and lay out a plan of minimal moves, then restart the checkpoint and rush thru it!