Thread: Welcome

Default Welcome

I hope the rest of the team will be here shortly. In the meantime, I'll be happy to answer all AGDI and Himalaya-related questions. Welcome to our little corner of the conference.

Default Re: Welcome

Hello Stijn,

I'll have to confess that Al Emmo is in my top 2 awaited adventures (guess if it's first or second ). I suppose I can start by asking the inevitable release question, in which I shall be politely vague: I understand the game to be somewhere in or close to the in-house beta stage, so release is definitely close, but if I find myself bored on, say, St. Patrick's Day (March 17th), will I be able to turn to Al Emmo for some fun?
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Hi Disco,

Yep, the game is very close to the beta testing phase. The game itself is playable from the beginning until the end and the main thing on our to-do list other than beta-testing is finishing up the intro and ending movies and re-recording some of the lines that had noise in the background. I'm not sure how long beta-testing will take, the game seems pretty stable to me right now, but the end of march is definitely not an unfair shot.

Thanx you AGDI for bringing us King's Quest 1 and 2 remakes! They were unforgotabble, especially the second game.

So which one of your current working games is going to be released first? Al Elmo or Quest for Glory 2? I'm really excited to hear some QQ2 news!

I believe Al Emmo will be released first. The game's structure is slightly less complicated than QFG2VGA and it's slightly farther along in the alpha stage.

During the summer, the team got together in the US to record voices, lip-sync all the lines and finish the remaining programming/art duties. This forced QFG2VGA away from our attention a bit, but as we speak the project got its old momentum back again and the to-do list is shrinking each day.

QFG2VGA began production earlier than Al Emmo, right?

Not that I doubt it will be a great and long-enough game, but how big would you say Al Emmo is compared to like QFG2VGA or KQ2VGA+?

QFG2VGA had its foundation made in 2001, around KQ1VGA's release, but KQ2VGA's production forced the project on the backburner. Al Emmo also had its foundation laid at that time, but it wasn't until KQ2VGA's completion that we were able to pick both projects up again.

I'd say that Al Emmo is about as lengthy as KQ2VGA. Since it's a pure adventure, it doesn't have any of the RPG-aspects (such as statbuilding) that prolong gameplay as is the case in QFG2.

Or... we'll have an X-mas release of QfG2VGA!! Great!!