Thread: CSI

Default CSI

Will the new CSI game be first person or 3rd person? And will you control a character of the series or just be yourself like in the previous games?

Default Re: CSI

CSI is going to be first person, and you will be playing a new CSI agent. Whether you choose to interpret that as being yourself is up to you.

The first person view is really going to work in the favor of the game this time though. The environments are SO cool, that you'll be glad you don't have to look at the back of somebody's head the whole time. It also makes it easier to look for clues.

This game is going to be fabutastic, people.

HLL

Will it have the voices of the Las Vegas cast? And will they actually act with some emotion and character?

The Las Vegas actors will be voicing their digital counterparts, with a couple exceptions. We don't have all the actors voice files yet, and I haven't heard them myself, but word from Greg Frank is that they sound good. ;D

HLL

The Las Vegas CSI has it's dark side, but it also has a lighter side, with WTF? moments and some dark humor (I especially like Detective Brass' smart-ass remarks to suspects). Are we going to see any of that, or is this game going to be all seriousness?

The game will be dark and serious, but there is definitly alot of dark humor that I think fans of our other games will enjoy as well. Greg Land (the primary designer) is a little bit twisted. Don't tell him I said that.

HLL

What will the interface be like? Will you be able to freely roam around or will it be like slide show (Like Myst)? And will this game be in retail stores or be downloaded episodicly?

I don't know if you've played the other CSI games, but our team has really thought about new ways to do the interface so it is cleaner, more intuitive, and supports the feeling of actually being on the crime scene. We are also making the game in the same engine we used for Bone, so we are doing away with the slide show type feel.

The game will definitly be available in stores.

HLL

No I haven't yet played the other CSI games but I intend to in the near future.

I would reccomend CSI: Miami. I thought the cases were a little more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherLee
    I would reccomend CSI: Miami. I thought the cases were a little more interesting...
    Funny. That game actually got worst reviews in general. And I prefer the original CSI to Miami. I don't like Carruso's acting for some reason.

Did it? Maybe I just overly enjoyed the person's arm being found in an alligator on a golf course in the first case. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherLee
    Did it? Maybe I just overly enjoyed the person's arm being found in an alligator on a golf course in the first case. 8)
    That reminds me of another game, except for the severed arm. I wonder what it could be...