Default “Randomly generating tunes” in Al Emmo

Hello Himalaya,

Last year you were interviewed in the November issue of the Inventory, and when asked about the music in Al Emmo, you mentioned that Tom and Dianne Lewandowski were experimenting with “randomly generating tunes”. What exactly did you mean by this? I can only guess at the meaning- that the separate tracks in the music are made so that they can go well with any other music in the game, and are randomly assembled in the script. Is this notion correct? Also, has this feature been implemented?
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Default Re: “Randomly generating tunes” in Al Emmo

What I believe was meant by that is that while the player is walking around in any screen that doesn't have a theme song, there's "filler music" playing that is constructed by randomly playing tunes and samples from a collection of background tunes one after the other, so the the player continuously hears something different, yet in his mind it'll all sound like one big song, since the pieces are made to flow over into one another without attracting the attention of the player.

And yes, it's been implemented.

Sounds interesting. It would be very nice to hear Tom & Dianne's excellent music play in such a way. Not only do we get their excellent music, but we also get a variety of it! I'm looking forward to that alone in Al Emmo!

Yea, it's a really neat feature, because it creates a different experience everytime you play. Musically Inspired--if you haven't already, I'd go ahead and check out the promotional segment that we've released as our gift. It's got tons of great music that Tom and Dianne created for the game!!

Britney

Sooo, its like one huge mix! I think I'll have to just stand still and watch the screen to hear it all lol!
    ~ AGDInteractive Moderator

Or you could just take a little stroll through the desert. By the time you've seen all screens, you should definitely have an idea of the tunes. That reminds me that standing still is fun as well in the game. The protagonist has several fun idle animations that trigger when you're standing still...just thrown in for comic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Stijn
    Or you could just take a little stroll through the desert. By the time you've seen all screens, you should definitely have an idea of the tunes. That reminds me that standing still is fun as well in the game. The protagonist has several fun idle animations that trigger when you're standing still...just thrown in for comic relief.
    Is there anything this game doesnt have?? Apart from a release date
    ~ AGDInteractive Moderator