Default Himalaya Studios Introduction

Do you remember a time when games came in fantastic illustrated boxes, chock full of treasures like creative manuals, maps of exotic lands, and even eye glasses that could transform a common man into an alien? Can you remember a time when you explored imaginative, hand-painted 2D backgrounds, offering a magical experience where you could get lost in a world of fantasy that was completely different than your “real life”? Remember a time when you could connect with a gaming world by looking at every object, speaking with every character, and getting a response for every interaction imaginable? Remember a time when games actually had a strong story line? That time was long gone—but we are changing that.

Himalaya Studios is passionate about adventure gaming. Feeling that the 90s represented the pinnacle of adventure gaming, we are striving to incorporate the best elements of classic adventures into our original, contemporary titles.

“Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine,” our most anticipated release, is a combination of nostalgia and evolution. Similar to our favorite games of yesteryear, “Al Emmo” is rife with comedy, parody, a strong story line, extensive dialogue, beautiful hand-painted graphics, comic book cut scenes, sentimental themes, and a whole lot of adventure. Additionally, with our 3D character animation, hi-resolution backgrounds, lip synching, top notch voice acting, dynamic digital soundtrack, and 3D cut scenes, we bring the classic adventure genre to the next level! With over two dozen unique and eccentric characters, “Al Emmo” is certain to be an interactive, sociable experience you will never forget.

So grab your adventure caps and head on out to the Wild West. Join Al Emmo on his search for a wife, a life, lost gold, and the career of his dreams at the “hospitality house”. It’s an ever changing adventure you’ll come back to time and again!

Himalaya Studios is excited to discuss “Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine”. Please accept this audio segment:

http://www.adventure-eu.com/download...EMMO_PROMO.mp3

as our gift to you. We welcome any questions and comments, and hope you will enjoy this peek into our upcoming release as much as we did making it for you!

Sincerely,

The Himalaya Studios Team
    www.himalayastudios.com

Default Re: Himalaya Studios Introduction

Properly for the Al Emmo's western atmosphere, will there any face to face pistol combat action parts?

What is the basic storyline of the game?

What kind of graphical realization get the game?

Quote Originally Posted by GameDevBrit
    Do you remember a time when games came in fantastic illustrated boxes, chock full of treasures like creative manuals, maps of exotic lands, and even eye glasses that could transform a common man into an alien?
    Yes, I do ;D.

I always figured that if Al Emmo was available in printed CD-Rom form that it would be a simple jewel case and manual affair. It seems as though I had underestimated Himalaya. Any chance we could get a (at least text) peek at what is included in the box? Honestly, are glasses part of the goodies?
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

I myself am eagerly awaiting Al Emmo!!!
    ~ AGDInteractive Moderator

Hi Tomsess,

Q:"Will there be any face to face pistol combat action parts?"

A:Nope. If someone starts shooting at you, fast feet will be more helpful than fast fingers. The story takes place in the wild west, but we didn't want the stereotype of the west to limit the game. We focused on adventure aspects.

Q: "What is the basic storyline of the game"

A: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine, a witty Western with a healthy dose of comedy and adventure, follows in the tradition of classic adventure gaming. You are Al Emmo, a dweeby, middle aged man from the East coast, on a mission to make your family proud--you have headed out West to bring home a mail order bride. However, when Al arrives in the tiny, backcountry, desert town of Anozira, things do not go according to plan. Being stood up by his "would-be" spouse and missing the only train back home, Al finds himself stranded in the boonies for a week with no money, no accomodation, a dorky outfit, and is totally unprepared to endure the desert elements and the local citizens.

Al's attention is soon drawn to a beautiful local woman by the name of Rita Peralto. Being the survivor of her late parents, she is faced with an unfortunate financial situation, trying to survive as well as support her younger sibling. Winning her affections proves to be difficult, as there is staunch competition from another town visitor, Antonio. Being a self-proclaimed member of the Spanish monarchy, and possessing a sexy accent and impeccable fashion sense, Antonio soon becomes a major road block in Al's journey to win the girl. One-upping Al at every chance possible, Antonio proves to be a frustraiting antagonist.

Al soon discovers rumors of a lost Indian mine, filled with riches, and makes it his mission to locate the mine in order to impress the woman and help her financially. Al has a week to accomplish this easier said than done feat, and will meet up with much conflict, danger, and memorable characters along the way.

The player can witness the growth of Al's character from a lack-luster and sheltered type, to a truly confident and likeable leader through the course of the game.

Q: "What kind of graphical realization get the game?"

A: I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Could you please phrase that another way, and I'll answer you question as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Britney

How much will the game cost (CD / download)? Will it be a CD-R or a professionally pressed CD? Will it ship outside the US?

Disco,

It's unfortunate we were underestimated, but it gives us all the more opportunity to impress! Our talented artist, Eriq Chang, has been working on the box design and submitted some fabulous initial concepts. As for the goodies, we've been brainstorming some ideas behind the scenes. Although I cannot tell you for certain what is going in the box, I would like to welcome you to make suggestions. Right now is the time to give us input as to what YOU want. We are here to please the fans, after all

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Britney

Hey Alexkothe,

We do not have a definitive answer yet regarding price and printing--that is our current focus. We are still making calculations, but will be certain to post information on these topics as soon as they become available. We do plan on shipping internationally, as a large majority of our fans, as well as developers, live abroad.

Britney

Q: "What kind of graphical realization get the game?"

A: I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Could you please phrase that another way, and I'll answer you question as soon as possible.
    So, it will be a 2D adventure game or a full 3D one?

Thank you for the answers

It'll be 2D handpainted backgrounds with 3D sprites used for the characters. The interface is point & click mostly similar to the adventures of the nineties.

You can check out some screenshots at our site at http://www.himalayastudios.com

It's unfortunate we were underestimated
    Oh no no, I thought that because I recall a bit of uncertainty as to whether Al Emmo would be package or exclusively digital download.

As far as extras, I would like/suggest a few videos of casting or studio work (if any were made) and a developers behind-the-scenes look like those on most DVDs. If these type of things already exist they are free to add to the disc . Hmm, box contentwise a colourful manual and map could be neat. This is just a list of my most wanted extras, and as it would be unrealistic to ask for much more, I had to scrap my request for Al Emmo trading cards .
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

The manual hasn't been printed yet, so I can't say whether its colorful or not, but the writing certainly is. It does a good job of mirroring the humor that's used in the game. Think: Leisure Suit Larry manuals.

I am eager for you to get to play this game, Angelus! You have been so patiently waiting--I can't wait for you to finally experience it

Britney