Thread: Hi Fribbi

Default Hi Fribbi

Hello, Fribbi,

It's nice to see you made it here, all the way from Iceland. I wanted to personally welcome you to the forums.

Britney

Default Re: Hi Fribbi

Thanks. I didn't know you could see me here in yesterday. I must have forgot to put on my invinceable cloak again *darn* ;D.

But I guess I am too late to ask any questions now. I myself have being very busy on my own game too.
    But the game is getting to big for the internet. about (80mb) So I will just have to accept it that this game will be sold on CD. But that cost moneys too but it must be better.

So I would like to ask you is the new logo for AGDI ready yet. Is it too much for asking for see that new logo?

I also want to ask what is your opinion about other sierra game fan makers.
    I also like to know what would you do if you get the copyright of the sierra games. Are you going to do the same thing as Vivendi did?
    Are other fan sierra game creators not jealous because you are the only one who is save from Vivendi?

But as we all know what happened to KQ9 nothing is safe today right. But in my game "The Wrong Game" I had to change Leisure suit Larry and Roger Wilco and King Graham into Larry joker, Rocko Wilco, and King Grammy after I heard what happened to KQ9.
    And yes I even had to edit the background so it would look different. I am working on it with icelandic language and after that I will translate it into english. I am now working on the backgrounds.
    Here is some images from my own game. The wrong game.

What do you think Britney...eeeee is it safe to call you that now?

And btw thanks for welcoming me here.

I still love you and your works.

PS: Are you going to install trailer from your game? Will Al Emmo be installed on cd's or DVD's

Hey Fribbi.

AGDI will never get the rights for Sierra games. There's no way that will happen.
    But as I understand they've had to have long negotiations with VU.

It seems to me anyone can ask for permission IF you have proof that your game won't interfere with possible future projects AND you can show them you can deliver a good quality game.

Although the name changes in your name was a good idea, I don't think you've had a lot to worry about.

AGDI will never get the rights for Sierra games. There's no way that will happen.
    Yes I know that. I was just asking "what if" they got the copyright what would they do then. I was just curious if they are going to do the same thing then.

I feel absolutely awful about what happened to the King's Quest IX team, and have offered them any moral support that I can. It's a shame they put so much effort into their game, just to have it shut down. I'm hoping that with enough fan support, we'll be able to convince VU that the game is potentially beneficial to them rather than a hindrance. I would really love to see these fan projects completed, because I miss the classic adventure genre. We're doing our part to bring back the classic style, but unfortunately, in doing so, our team doesn't get to experience the games as if we're "playing them for the first time". It would be great to have some fun, original, classic style titles from other companies for us to enjoy

Your game looks fantastic, by the way, Fribbi. What is the basic storyline? Thanks for the screenshots!

Hm, what a wonderful dream come true it would be to obtain the rights to the Sierra Quest series. If that dream were ever realized, I would really aim at getting the original designers back on the projects, and following their vision. I would like them to decide where the series would go so that the feel of the game would remain true to the previous games in the series.

As for other fan game developers, I don't think they would be jealous of us. We're all in this together. We could be shut down at VU's whim just as easily as anybody else. We all have the same mission--to create quality, classic style adventure games for people to enjoy. It's a very selfless goal. You can't be jealous of people who merely want to give.

Britney (yes, it's safe to call me that )

So I would like to ask you is the new logo for AGDI ready yet. Is it too much for asking for see that new logo?
    The first part of the logo animation is finished, but the second part (where the actual letters AGDI appear) is not. We assume the animation will be finished by the time we need to put it in a project. The animation is really one of the most awesome logo-intro's you can imagine.

I also want to ask what is your opinion about other sierra game fan makers.
    We wouldn't be able to keep the fan-game community together on our own, so it's a good thing they're around.

I also like to know what would you do if you get the copyright of the sierra games. Are you going to do the same thing as Vivendi did?
    We prefer to work with our own original intellectual property in the future, rather than try and get our hands on existing IP.

Are other fan sierra game creators not jealous because you are the only one who is save from Vivendi?
    I hope not. We don't have any control over Vivendi's actions.

Are you going to install trailer from your game? Will Al Emmo be installed on cd's or DVD's
    We don't have a trailer right now, so we can't show it either. We're hoping to distribute Al Emmo on CD's when it's ready to go gold.

EDIT: Whoops, Brit beat me to it.

Thanks for the wonderful replies Britney and Erpy.
    I hope my questions was not too stupid for you. :-*

Your game looks fantastic, by the way, Fribbi. What is the basic storyline? Thanks for the screenshots!
    Thanks again Britney Well the main story for my game is like this:

The main character is Timon the wizard who was send by his Wizard's masters to find the magic book. It is beleaved that the evil Wizard Vivendi toke that book with his grave. But whoever who will get the book could both rule and destroy the world. So Timon has to find it before other find it so his Wizard's master could destory this cursed book.

When Timon finally arrives in a tomb in a old cave where the evil wizard Vivendi lyes buried inside coffin. But Timon discover he is not alone in there. But other wizard named Fribbi has already found the book. But he is is not going to give Timon the book until he finds the secret treasure for him. And that secret treasure is "the copyright of all Sierra games ". If he get his hands on the copyright he will be very rich Wizard. But the copyright over Sierra games was also hidden by Vivendi.

In middle of the game Timon finds himself stuck inside a magic urn. Inside he will find the mr.Devil who is very lonely after his bird escaped from his cage. But he can't sleep until his bird is found. Mr.Devil will give Timon three wishes if he can get him to sleep. But Timon needs to get out of the urn and get rid of Fribbi so he can get the book and go home. So he has to tell Mr. Devil three boring stories.

His first story is about a character who is very related to the famous game character Leisure suit Larry. But he is called Larrry the joker who is twin brother of Leisure suit Larry but I remember in Leiusre suit Larry 2 there was another guy there who looked like Leisure suit Larry. So I wondered could Larry have a twin brother? That question is a mystery right? The story begins when he visit the Lost wages. Yes that's right the first place Leisure suit Larry started in his first game. But Lost wages has changed since then.
    The story is somehow related to Leisure suit Larry 1. But you will met Fawn the first ex-wife of Leisure suit Larry. Lefty, Peggy from Leisure suit Larry 7 and many others co-star characters from Leisure suit Larry series. Special guest star in that story is Gabriel Knight, and Quest for glory hero.

The second story is about Rocko Wilco and his new adventure. But he is the son of the famous space janitor Roger Wilco he appeared first in the game Space Quest 4 but he works in space. I have not wrote any story for him yet.

The third story is about King Grammy and his new royal quest. King.Grammy jr. of Daventry but he is the grand-grandson of the famous king family who once ruled the Daventry. But he is not as brave as his grand-grand dad King Graham.

I am still working on the first story. But I am always changing the story. But after I heard what happened to King Quest 9 I had to change the main characters names. But in my original Wrong game there was Simon, King Graham, Leisure suit Larry and Roger Wilco stuck together in the urn and Simon had to figure out how to release them. But that game was made in two days and that game was too short and stupid anyway. But the the story gave me a good idea what I should do. In the new Wrong game. You will again be stuck in a magic urn but not with the three amigos. Only the mr.Devil himself wich Vivendi kept as his pet.

My game is going to be some kind of parody funny game to Leisure suit Larry, Space Quest, and King Quest. And hey don't ask where I got the Vivendi name hehehehehe. But if you really have to ask. Welll it happened after Vivendi stopped the KQ9. So that's is how I got the idea about the "Sierra copyright". About the Devil...I have no idea about that hahahaha. ;D