Default Idea Competition - What would you like to see on Conspiracies II ?

Here you can post any idea, puzzle. graphic puzzle, graphic, video or anything you could imagine that you would like to see in our next project Conspiracies II.

Note that if your idea is good and we can produce it we might include it in our upcoming project "Conspiracies II"
    One of the best ideas that will be included in Conspiracies II will won a great prize, so stay tuned for news after posting.
    Anima ppd-interactive will notify all users that their ideas will be included in Conspiracies II.

This is the link to check our official web site, and forum: http://www.anima-ppd.com

Default Re: Idea Competition - What would you like to see on Conspiracies II ?

Well, i think, C1 was a though game and really not that easy... so....

Tex Murphy had a pretty good in-game guide system. It worked a little bit like the UHS system just giving away only very small pieces of information. Have you ever thought about integrate one like this in C2?

Personally i would even more prefer a help system that is integrated into the story - like a sidekick character Nick can ask if he's unsuccesful rather than an external help system like that one in Tex Murphy. Another possibility would be to integrate your anima-ppd forum into the game - nothing is more frustrating than to quit the story to get hints... Let's say - Nick can use his computer-terminal to surf in the internet to search for clues. In fact, you can really surf onto anima-ppd's website's forum where you can exchange with other players - but within the game, so you don't have to quit.
    ---<br />Basti<br />www.adventure-treff.de

What about the option to skip action sequences? I am currently stuck on the dog puzzle on Conspiracies 1 and would much rather skip it than die each time I try it. Unfortuantely I have not been able to finish this game because of that sequence. I believe The Last Express used this system and it worked well.

... or probably offer different solutions for action sequences - like a more difficult puzzle against one of these action sequences (which i liked, personally)

Quote Originally Posted by basti
    Well, i think, C1 was a though game and really not that easy... so....

Tex Murphy had a pretty good in-game guide system. It worked a little bit like the UHS system just giving away only very small pieces of information. Have you ever thought about integrate one like this in C2?

Personally i would even more prefer a help system that is integrated into the story - like a sidekick character Nick can ask if he's unsuccesful rather than an external help system like that one in Tex Murphy. Another possibility would be to integrate your anima-ppd forum into the game - nothing is more frustrating than to quit the story to get hints... Let's say - Nick can use his computer-terminal to surf in the internet to search for clues. In fact, you can really surf onto anima-ppd's website's forum where you can exchange with other players - but within the game, so you don't have to quit.
    in fact on Conspiracies, our forum was, and still is active, and we gave a lot of info in there on how to solve puzzles. Also this was made by our players to other players on our communety, and that was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    What about the option to skip action sequences? I am currently stuck on the dog puzzle on Conspiracies 1 and would much rather skip it than die each time I try it. Unfortuantely I have not been able to finish this game because of that sequence. I believe The Last Express used this system and it worked well.
    We are currently thinking this feature.
    Another way that we're thinking is to make several solutions on one puzzle.
    Others will be difficult and others will be easier, depending on players though.... as basti mentioned previously

Yes, sure... but the forum wasn't integrated into the story, was it?

I'm thinking of the possibility to make a fictious forum of the future - like the "internet forum for lonely p.i.'s" or something - that is really accessible by both the real internet AND within the game itself (in one of Nicks computers, for example, so that you don't have to quit the game and that it's somehow integrated into the storyplot - probably you can even let Nick say something when he has to use the forum like: "Sometimes, you just need the help of friends..." or something...)...

Great Idea Basti, NOTED

Just don't make it mandatory to be connected to the Internet to play the game or consult the hint system. :-\

I don't really have any great ideas. But I heard a lot of complaints about hard to find inventory items in Conspiracies. Maybe there could be a way to make potential more obvious in Conspiracies 2 - either a comment from Nick or a hotkey that would highlight the item. Say Nick needed an object to write with, and there was a pencil that had rolled under a table. After searching through the room for a certain amount of time Nick might comment that he thought he saw something under the desk. Maybe this hint feature could be disabled for those who enjoy finding inventory for themselves. But for inventory in hard to spot locations I think it would be a help for most gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by eggnog
    Just don't make it mandatory to be connected to the Internet to play the game or consult the hint system. :-\

I don't really have any great ideas. But I heard a lot of complaints about hard to find inventory items in Conspiracies. Maybe there could be a way to make potential more obvious in Conspiracies 2 - either a comment from Nick or a hotkey that would highlight the item. Say Nick needed an object to write with, and there was a pencil that had rolled under a table. After searching through the room for a certain amount of time Nick might comment that he thought he saw something under the desk. Maybe this hint feature could be disabled for those who enjoy finding inventory for themselves. But for inventory in hard to spot locations I think it would be a help for most gamers.
    The hot key might be a good idea.
    As for the comment, hm, Its not a bad idea, its only a bit difficult to produce, since we'll have to measure how long the player will be in that room. So a counter variable and a collision ground will be active and this means framerate loss. I'll see what we can do about that.
    Good thinking, keep it that way.