Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Welcome to the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulo Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel
    There was one thing I hate in Runaway and was that particular object (especially when in bag) was visible only when the game needed. I would prefer to see an object and have the chance to take it if I thinl it will be useful. Is it the same on runaway 2?
    Pavel, I know in certain ocasions you may be right, but there will be others where the story should suggest when the character has to find an object. If not, a whole part of the fun is missing and the player sometimes it's just trying random combinations of items.
    so we will see this strictly linear way of taking things again in runaway 2? this was surely the most criticised part of runaway 1 in the german speaking community and press. i think the most problematic thing about this is, that you have to visit many places twice or even more often, so there is a lot of senseless and non-motivating running around through locations you already know.

my second question refers to another point of criticism. some of the objects in the first part were quite hard to see/to find. how do you want to solve this problem in runaway 2?

There will be a video in a short while, maybe for Christmas.

It's you who'll have to discover if Brian and Gina will still be together at the end of the game, and regarding a third part of the game... it's too soon to say, but maybe. It really depends on how good the game does.
    First .- It is a wonderful news!!

Second . - You have a great talent! The success is assured, don't doubt it, Runaway is a myth in the world of the video game for the aventure gamers

Quote Originally Posted by laigwath
    1) I already heard the main (I suppose so) music theme from Runaway 2. Who perform it? Will any other songs be in the game and will they be in the same Backstreet Boys style?

2) Who is yours favorite Runaway series hero? Gina?
    That song is performed by RykC, a Spanish singer with a great voice. There will be more than one version in the game, but that's not all. Vera, the singer from Liquor will be singing several songs as well for Runaway 2.

It's hard to choose a hero. I always liked Oscar... but you'll find some terrific new characters in this sequel.

You're right what I mean that I like an approach as in my bag I Have 1, 2 ,3 ,4 things and not i always have known to have 3 items, now I need a mirror and miracle the mirror appears in my bag and I just have to remember to look at it
    You should be aware that usually in this ocasion, when you search a bag and find one item, the text of the game says that you just found a useful item, but it doesn't say that that item is the only one.

thank you for the information, i was waiting for runaway 2 before and now i look forward to play it
    Good to read that. I do hope you enjoy the game as much as the first one.

Vera, the singer from Liquor will be singing several songs as well for Runaway 2.
    That's really cool

but you'll find some terrific new characters in this sequel.
    May be you give one or two examples?

What places will we visit in Runaway 2. Cayman Islands... What else?

BTW, I'm from Russia, and whet I visit your site, I can't find any info about Russian publisher of Runaway - "Russobit-M". Is there any special reason for it?

Quote Originally Posted by besux
    so we will see this strictly linear way of taking things again in runaway 2? this was surely the most criticised part of runaway 1 in the german speaking community and press. i think the most problematic thing about this is, that you have to visit many places twice or even more often, so there is a lot of senseless and non-motivating running around through locations you already know.

my second question refers to another point of criticism. some of the objects in the first part were quite hard to see/to find. how do you want to solve this problem in runaway 2?
    No, I am not saying that. All I say is that sometimes it make much more sense for things to work that way, but I agree that not always.

On the second question, we are trying to have bigger items this time, so I guess that flaw is solved now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon
    First .- It is a wonderful news!!
    Second . - You have a great talent! The success is assured, don't doubt it, Runaway is a myth in the world of the video game for the aventure gamers

Hahaha, thanks for your support Jon, you're vey kind.

May be you give one or two examples?
    What places will we visit in Runaway 2. Cayman Islands... What else?
    BTW, I'm from Russia, and whet I visit your site, I can't find any info about Russian publisher of Runaway - "Russobit-M". Is there any special reason for it?
    You'll have to wait for the game, but several screenshots can be found on the internet with more than one new character. You might try to find them.

I just can't tell where the adventure takes place, but I can say that it all starts at Hawaii.

And about Russobit-M, to cut a long story short, I'd say that the rights to publish the first Runaway in Russia were not sold by Pendulo but other publisher. For this reason, Pendulo had nothing to do with the Russian localization.

Thanks Pendulo

You are doing great games. And I hope that this situation will never change.
    Long for Runaway 2.

Thanks Pendulo

You are doing great games. And I hope that this situation will never change.
    Long for Runaway 2.
    You're very welcome. Thank you for your support.

And the last question

What happened to you guys and to your Studio during these long four years since Runaway release? Did you change somehow or...

And the last question

What happened to you guys and to your Studio during these long four years since Runaway release? Did you change somehow or...
    Sorry, what do you mean?

I mean four years ago you were just simple studio... Now you are almost legend in adventure gamers world. Many people want to play Runaway 2. Did this glory, this success have effect on you somehow, your world view, your self-appraisal or not?

I mean four years ago you were just simple studio... Now you are almost legend in adventure gamers world. Many people want to play Runaway 2. Did this glory, this success have effect on you somehow, your world view, your self-appraisal or not?
    Hmmm... no. I guess all that "glory" thing is just too much. I mean we're all the same, though there are more people involved with Runaway 2, we all get on pretty well among us. Of course we are proud because the game was a success and specially since it beat many games with budgets much much bigger than Runaway's. Personally, I am very glad when some people writes saying how nice it was playing the game. One of those emails came from a marine in Irak and it was shocking to realize how many different people in different places gave it a try.

Thanks once more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12