Default Keepsake Music Samples

Here a little taste of what you'll hear in Keepsake! ;D

The soundtrack was composed by Marc Derell and I. Just follow the link to hear the sample songs!

Mystery and Nathaniel's Owl by Marc Derell
    The Academy and Elvandar's Dream by Yves Bordeleau

http://www.wickedstudios.com/Inventory/Music/mp3player.swf

Default Re: Keepsake Music Samples

wow great piece of music. are there more music like that, and any plans for an original soundtrack release as this is really the kind of great music I like it would really be great I cannot wait so see the all thing mixed together in the game

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    wow great piece of music. are there more music like that, and any plans for an original soundtrack release as this is really the kind of great music I like it would really be great I cannot wait so see the all thing mixed together in the game
    Hey Wedge! How are you? ;D

Yep, there is a good 50 min of original music in Keepsake. An OST is always a possibility, but I'll have to check first with our different Publishers

Cheers,
    Yves

I hope it will be it is really not often that games have the score provided or available in some forms with the exception of Japan of course

Yeah... Ah, the Japanese! They know how to treat their Music Composers! hehehe

Love some tracks, good work !

By the way ... thank you for using the Ogg-format (and nothing other crypted). I think I'll create a soundtrack CD by my own. ;-) I havent played the game yet (but bought it some days ago) but the music is... wow! it gives me the creeps! ;D Who dunnit? And what have he or she done before?
    Also a big respect to your art designers. They put the magic of Dragonvale into the screenies all around in the net. They are the reason I bought the game.

I hope it will be an big sucess for you so we see more titles from you in future!

The music was done by Marc Derell and I. Before being "The Imp In Charge" at Wicked Studios, I was a musician for 11 years ;D

Hope you'll like the game as much as its soundtrack!

Cheers!
    Yves

Doh! I'm too *#"&/&/($) ... you posted it before!
    Well, let's say: right man on the right place. But don't keep all the praises for you!

Hope you'll like the game as much as its soundtrack! Wink
    I also hope so ;-)

I definitely don't. Marc's tracks kick some serious A$$ hehe He's a very talented composer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    Doh! I'm too *#"&/&/($) ... you posted it before!
    Well, let's say: right man on the right place. But don't keep all the praises for you!

It was fun to write one half of the score... Great game... Good inspiration.
    As for an OST: You never know if there wouldn't be some bonus on it, now would you? 8)
    "Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." -Plato

As I saw in some ogg-files on the cds your name is credited ... do I mention right that all the others by Imp?
    And between your lines... you've done the score when the game was already finished? (i'm just curious about )

And as you asked about an OST ... well, let's say I would think about if there are bonus tracks ... but I think you'll get more fans if you place them on your website. Sure, I remember you're new in the buisness and need the money but that's only my humble opinion and I think a bigger comunity is nothing wrong for your future plans, right?

Anyway, I also believe this game was a great inspiration for a musican.

Keep on rockin' ;D

I wrote about 30mins of music for the game - Yves did the other ones. Most of my tracks feature a Celesta - not all, though. Yes, there should be an ID3 Tag in my files.

No the game wasn't finished when I started but just the game/setting/screens alone were quite inspiring. I love adventures and fantasy stuff. I really like the game's story, too. Finally something more intimate than your usual thing.

As for an OST: I'm sure just putting converted OGG-Files on a Disc would be boring so if anybody should decide to make a Soundtrack I'm sure there'll be some bonus in one way or another.... Though it's not my decision to make.

On a side note: While I'm not your 20yr industry vet I've already worked on a couple of games within the last 2 1/2 years (and have some upcoming stuff - that I can't talk about yet - as well). Wouldn't call it that new, then. But I get your point, of course.
    "Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." -Plato