Thread: Basic Questions

Default Basic Questions

Some basic questions:

When will the game be finished/released?
    Do you have (international) publisher(s)?
    What kind of puzzles will we get to solve? Dialogue-based? Inventory? Boring machine puzzles (Oops, sorry! )?

Default Re: Basic Questions

Well, thanks for the question.. First of all, we do not have an exact release date, couse not so long ago we compltely rebuilt the project (previously it was made in 2.5D)..so I wont make meaningless statements As for the publisher, as you may understand the concept of this game, as well of the cyberpunk genre is nor quite popular, it is not so called game for the massess but rather author's project. That's why we are still looking for a publisher...

As for the puzzles and quests, I see what you are driving at , of course they won't be only based on that highly scientifc mechanical stuff. (there will be many of them but not always ) Rather our aim is to show contrasts... so when the hero will venture forth into the prospering town of Stronghold the style and surrounding will siginificantly change..as well as puzzles... The dialogue puzzles and specific quests are another integral part of the story...

Speaking of boredom.. You see, the problem we encountered during testing the previous 2.5D version of the game was the lack of intensity, or we shall say action. The hero couldn’t die, his actions were frivolous, it seemed that he just came in this world for sightseeing and even the disappearance of his sister was not bothering him at all… That’s why we decided to implement some tension into the game. First of all, the hero can die now… thus a lot of puzzles and mini games will lead to pitiful conclusions, and second – we’ll implement some action scenes…

The game will have difficult puzzles like in Myst series?

Quote Originally Posted by SS
    First of all, the hero can die now… thus a lot of puzzles and mini games will lead to pitiful conclusions, and second – we’ll implement some action scenes…
    I know this is a question adventure gamers are often getting on developers nerves but:
    Do you think of Dilemma still as an adventure game or is it some kind of action adventure (read: Tomb Raider)?
    Don't get me wrong: I'm very curious about the project but I still can't seem to figure out what it is all about. How big is the impact of the RPG elements?

Can these action scenes be skipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsess
    The game will have difficult puzzles like in Myst series?
    Well you see, of course there will be some rather difficult puzzles, but that doesnt mean that a player will have to stumble upon them from the very beginning.. You previously we tried to build up a game consisting of three worlds - Eart, Mars and Another world, thus we tried to show the difficulty gradation.. On Earth the Puzzles would be logical, on mars hi tech and even more difficult and in outer world the most "terrible" ones. But in reality this way of approach turned out to be rather difficult to realize. So we simply put boundaries and the action in Dilemma 3D will happen only on Earth.. Never the less the puzzles will still vary.. Simple in Kamelot, Middle in Stronghol and the most difficult ones by the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by papapichu
    Quote Originally Posted by SS
    First of all, the hero can die now… thus a lot of puzzles and mini games will lead to pitiful conclusions, and second – we’ll implement some action scenes…
    I know this is a question adventure gamers are often getting on developers nerves but:
    Do you think of Dilemma still as an adventure game or is it some kind of action adventure (read: Tomb Raider)?
    Don't get me wrong: I'm very curious about the project but I still can't seem to figure out what it is all about. How big is the impact of the RPG elements?
    As for the style of the game, it is not a pure quest certainly, niether it is a Tomb Rider, it's gameplay I would likely compare to Beyond Good and Evil , but more complex.. and there will be no acrobatics of course.. like in Prince ...

As for RPG elements, you see.. any situation within the game (quest) has a certain variety of solutions. This doesn’t mean that we intend to give a player a total freedom (this simply impossible), but some actions may be precalculated, or at least we can give a player a choice, so that he will be responsible for the events. This not only make the situations more dramatic but also increase the playability. In many cases we will play on contrasts, like whether you will break the door or find the key, whether you will assemble the mechanism or simply destroy it, whether you will talk politely or not. For any chosen action - specific Material and Spiritual points will be accumulated. Then throughout the game these points themselves will affect the game process…

Default Questions

Do you release a demo from the game in the near future?

How much you have been inspirated by the vision and the spirit of Fallout?

What was that game Fall.. what .. Surely you've got the point, we have played it, seen it, admired it, but it doesn't mean that we tried to create a clone or something.. It is natural that people tend to compare many postapocalyptic games and cyberpunk styles with Fallout, (for it was the most vivid representative). But there were also Blade runner, and many others. (Not to mention many Japanese adventure games).. What we try is to get farther away from various clishes. (Even the cataclysm in our game was of non nuclear character) But still we are bound to face the comparisons.. Still I hope that this game will bring a new sense of cyberpunk genre, and even those who hate this style would like to try it .

As for the playable demo it will be available next spring...