Default Oh, those Russians...

I have a very little question: as far as I understand some part of the game is situated in Russia. Do you have any consultants that tell you what Russia is? Have anyone of your team been in Russia in common and in Syberia in particular or is everything in your game concerning Russia is only your fantasy based on James Bond like films etc.? :-)

Default Re: Oh, those Russians...

Мы гуляем с открытыми глазами!

Please be more specific if you can and please at least dub in English :-) It is really interesting to know how many does your people know about Russia (and maybe how much of them are Russians?) The screenshots seem to be a bit fictious, spelling "Nina Kalenkov" also seems strange - it is a spelling of the man's second name, not woman's (Kalenkova is the right one)

Yes, part of the game plays in Russia and also in Syberia. Writing "Nina Kalenkov" was just a little writing error; afaik in the English version her name will be "Nina Kalekova".

We do not have native Russians in our team, but at least people with stronger Russia influence since they lived in eastern Germany before the Berlin Wall came down.

Oh, I see... :-)
    Have you carried out any scientific reserach concernig Tunguska meteor? I know, the case is quite... strange and noone has really visited the place for several years after it fell down, but still...

We have not visited the place ourselfes But we have read much about it. I think we know every possible theory.

Also from what I know a new expedition was started in summer 2004 but I have never head something reliable about the outcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Tunguska Team
    We have not visited the place ourselfes But we have read much about it. I think we know every possible theory.

Also from what I know a new expedition was started in summer 2004 but I have never head something reliable about the outcome...
    So I suppose you read something about all the expeditions that were made by my university here in Bologna?

Hi Alex ASP,

we do a lot of research before we start to design a location. We try to catch a realistic feeling in each screen. But on the other hand we create entertainment stuff.
    That means, like in many other fiction media we use images from Russia, that a player expects to see (like in James Bond movies f.e.)

And coming to scenario: Tunguska has a subtitle "Secret Files". And the game has two protogonists... Sounds like X-files TV Serial by Chris Carter was one of the sources of inspiration?

@Papapichu
    Yes, we know about an expedition from Italy which took place in 1999.

@Alex ASP
    We thought "Secret Files" might carry the emotion that we want people to associate our game with. The flair of X-Files or Indiana Jones is something we want to create.