Default Hi everybody from AME

Hi everybody from AME

Bill Tiller here, and I just wanted to say hi to all adventure game fans out there and thank Dimitris Manos for hosting this event, and I also want to thank the fans of A Vampyre Story, because without your interest in the game we wouldnt be in the position to make this game. I took a bit of gamble going public about the game before we signed a deal. But I think ultimately that gamble is paying off. So thank you so much for the excitement and interest in the game. And I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to our American fans.

-Bill

Default Re: Hi everybody from AME

Short note: The AME forum section of the ADOC2005 is now open and you can post.

Hi, Bill! ;D
    How is it going?
    One question: are you going to start production on AVS before the end of the year?
    That's the only chance we have to play AVS in 2006..... :-\
    Diduz (Italy)

Quote Originally Posted by zoganily
    But I think ultimately that gamble is paying off.
    -Bill
    That sounds quite promising, does this mean you are about to sign a deal?

My last discussion to my business partners was to remind them that we need to start ASAP if we want to be out for Christmas 2006. One of the replies from them was they wanted the game out in time for Halloween! So that shows you how strongly we want to start on the game, and how serious we are in getting the game out before 2007. But Id be fool to guarantee that it would, so I wont (though I am foolish enough to want to). Sorry for the vague answer, but I dont want to make promises that I cant keep, nor lead anyone on. I hope you understand.

-Bill

So that shows you how strongly we want to start on the game, and how serious we are in getting the game out before 2007. But Id be fool to guarantee that it would, so I wont (though I am foolish enough to want to).
    ;D hehe

My last discussion to my business partners was to remind them that we need to start ASAP if we want to be out for Christmas 2006. One of the replies from them was they wanted the game out in time for Halloween! So that shows you how strongly we want to start on the game, and how serious we are in getting the game out before 2007. But Id be fool to guarantee that it would, so I wont (though I am foolish enough to want to). Sorry for the vague answer, but I dont want to make promises that I cant keep, nor lead anyone on. I hope you understand.

-Bill
    Sure we understand, especially after last years events

Yes, last year was odd, exciting and frustrating. But it was learning experience. This is the first time I have tried to start a company, so I expected to take some missteps, and make some misjudgments.
    But the more I leave the big decisions up to the people better qualified; I think the better AME is in the long run. So that is my policy right now, so I dont anticipate anything like last year happening again.

But, heck! It sure wasnt boring, now was it!

-Bill

Hi Bill! This is a really stupid question but I just wanted to know how AME stays in business while waiting for the funding to come through? I work for several studios over the last few years here in vancouver and it seems like they always go toe up when no money comes in. just wanted to know if you had advice. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by csendak
    Hi Bill! This is a really stupid question but I just wanted to know how AME stays in business while waiting for the funding to come through? I work for several studios over the last few years here in vancouver and it seems like they always go toe up when no money comes in. just wanted to know if you had advice. Thank you!
    No, it a damn good question. To create the demo I cashed out my substantial retirement funds (so this game better pay off or I will be working till the day I die!). And for about 6 months I lived off of that. I also paid some freelance artist to do work for me, but the rest of it was volunteered by many, many friends and colleagues (the fore mentioned Lucas Arts Mafia). I even exchanged art work for animation work a few times. But most of us have real day jobs, or freelance jobs and are keeping them until we get our game fully funded.

This is a real labor of love. Everyone who has volunteered has done so because they want to work on an old school Lucas Arts type adventure game, they love the story, characters and concept, and they want to work with me for some reason. I suspect I give off a positive vibe, either that or the project seems more fun to work on than Star Wars: Attack of the Revenging Sith Clones, or Grand Theft Hooker Killer. Trust me, the main stream gaming industry has gotten less and less fun to work in.

Right now we are doing everything for (mostly) free and on our own time, so when we do get fully funded, we can hit the ground running! I cant wait! ;D

-Bill