Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Vampyre Story

Default A Vampyre Story

It can't be said enought that your title looks sublime. I hope you find a deal soon. I can't wait to play as the naive Mona, can you say future icon .
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Default Re: A Vampyre Story

Talking of publishers:
    Might be strange but I just wanted to add that it would be great if you could find a deal with Anaconda/dtp for publishing in Germany. I'm so looking forward to playing your game and dtp is doing the best localizations so far. Great voices (and great PR by the way)!

And please try and get a Uk release if possible. I am sick and tired of great games not making it over here!

Future icon?! Wow! That would be great. I like her and I think she would be great character for films, comic book and TV show. We did have a meeting with Cartoon Network about doing a show based on the game. But we thought it was best to concentrate on the game first and worry about a TV show later. But I think she could be pretty cool character in other mediums.

But right now I want to make sure she absolutely is a great character for an adventure game, first. Worry about other stuff later. But I am very happy with her development. So I hope Mona becomes an icon one day.

Also little trivia, Mona De Lafitte is name after the docks in the Disney Land ride Pirates of the Caribbean, Lafitte’s Landing. http://www.tellnotales.com/ The town in Draxsylvania is also called Vlad’s Landing in a nod to that ride too.

-Bill

I'm lookin forward for this game too, hope you''ll find a publisher soon !

I can’t reveal exactly who we are talking to due to legal and other wise reasons. But it would make no sense not to release this game in as many languages and countries as possible. Businessmen will look everywhere to find revenue and recoup their investment. So trust in capitalism,- the game will be in as many counties as makes financial sense to be. But I have to admit, the game might not make to Djibouti or Timbuktu, but I’d be shocked if it didn’t make it to Britain.

-Bill

So, France and its adventure games fans will have a french version of AVS shortly ?

Hi Bill

I also have some questions:

1. What was your inspiration for A Vampire Story?

2. Are you still using the Syberia Engine?

3. Do you plan on making any other version than the PC one. I've heard talk about Xbox und PSP versions?

4. Did you consider digital online distribution? The colleagues at Telltale seem to be quite happy with their decision... ( I actually prefer a boxed version, but i'd also be happy just to download it)

AGs are huge in France. I again would be shocked if a French version is not made! I can’t picture that not happening. Besides, Mona is French and half the game takes place in France, Paris especially. So there must be a French version!

The ‘shortly’ part…well…what is your definition of short?

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by axelkothe
    Hi Bill

I also have some questions:

1. What was your inspiration for A Vampire Story?

2. Are you still using the Syberia Engine?

3. Do you plan on making any other version than the PC one. I've heard talk about Xbox und PSP versions?

4. Did you consider digital online distribution? The colleagues at Telltale seem to be quite happy with their decision... ( I actually prefer a boxed version, but i'd also be happy just to download it)
    1. All those great black and white Universal horror movies form the 1930’s and 1940’s, Abbot and Costello Meets Frankenstein, and Young Frankenstein. I LOVE those movies and own them all! If I could live in a spooky castle with a tomb, graveyard, and mad scientist lab I’d the happiest man on Earth!
    2. We haven’t made a final decision on our engine yet. We need to get our final budget before we can commit. But we are heavily leaning toward one, but again I don’t want to say which one just yet. But the Siberia Engine, Virtools http://www.virtools.com/ seems to be perfectly good for our needs, but as I said the book is not closed on that yet. Another engine we like too is Ka 3D. Check it out at ww.ka3d.com But I am not a programmer, so I leave that decision up to our tech director Gary Brubaker.
    3. I’d love to make an Xbox version, but the market dropped out on them with the 360 coming out today. So who knows now? The PS2 is still very viable. All I can say is we want to make the game for as many platforms as makes sense. And I really think a PSP or DS version would be great! But PC first! Let nail that one and then work on getting them on as many others later.
    4. I prefer retail versions of my games as well, but the online, episodic business model can work as well. I wouldn’t rule it out, but it isn’t my preference. From the research I have done it seems to indicate there is a sizeable demand for downloadable games, but that it is small, at about 15% of the game buying market. We could make money only selling to 15% of the total game buyers out there, but I really want to get A Vampyre Story in as many hands as possible. So I can’t see us doing ONLY a downloadable version of the game, but it could be component of our business plan.

-Bill

Default Vampyre Story

Was difficult to set up on the new engine?

When will be released a demo or a trailer from the game?

Hi Bill!

I believe you make a deal as soon as possible. The artwork so far looks amazing for me. I think we can see a big influence of your earlier works. Also I like the newer vid of Mona... nice hula hula ;-) but she shouldn't take so much drugs! ;-) Or drinking blood or what she does usually.
    I keep my fingers cross that you find a publisher soon. Can't wait any longer. :-)

And may the spirit of Joe lead your hands,
    Crow

Quote Originally Posted by zoganily
    1. All those great black and white Universal horror movies form the 1930’s and 1940’s, Abbot and Costello Meets Frankenstein, and Young Frankenstein. I LOVE those movies and own them all! If I could live in a spooky castle with a tomb, graveyard, and mad scientist lab I’d the happiest man on Earth!
    2. We haven’t made a final decision on our engine yet. We need to get our final budget before we can commit. But we are heavily leaning toward one, but again I don’t want to say which one just yet. But the Siberia Engine, Virtools http://www.virtools.com/ seems to be perfectly good for our needs, but as I said the book is not closed on that yet. Another engine we like too is Ka 3D. Check it out at ww.ka3d.com But I am not a programmer, so I leave that decision up to our tech director Gary Brubaker.
    3. I’d love to make an Xbox version, but the market dropped out on them with the 360 coming out today. So who knows now? The PS2 is still very viable. All I can say is we want to make the game for as many platforms as makes sense. And I really think a PSP or DS version would be great! But PC first! Let nail that one and then work on getting them on as many others later.
    4. I prefer retail versions of my games as well, but the online, episodic business model can work as well. I wouldn’t rule it out, but it isn’t my preference. From the research I have done it seems to indicate there is a sizeable demand for downloadable games, but that it is small, at about 15% of the game buying market. We could make money only selling to 15% of the total game buyers out there, but I really want to get A Vampyre Story in as many hands as possible. So I can’t see us doing ONLY a downloadable version of the game, but it could be component of our business plan.

-Bill
    Thanks for the answers. I guess you are right concerning an Xbox version - you'd have to go for an 360 one, possibly via Xbox Arcade (which I think is a cool concept for a console system).
    And Adventures for the DS... can't wait to get some. But I think these would have to be original games optimized for the low resolution screens, or ports of old VGA adventures. But the system would be perfect for Adventures, and I think Trace Memory was a good start.

And I really think a PSP or DS version would be great!
    Or maybe a version for PocketPC or Palm?
    Being able to use a stylus, as with the DS, is a good replacement for point-and-click by mouse.

And if it isn't too nosy a question... Where does the name "zoganily" come from?

Yes DS has that advantage. As you may or may not know I love point and click over navigating. And I love 3rd person over first. Grim was great but I would have preferred a point and click interface, and the Escape from monkey Island one really frustrated me.

My user name is the names of my three children; Zoë, Logan and Lily. Simple as that.

-Bill

Yes DS has that advantage. As you may or may not know I love point and click over navigating. And I love 3rd person over first. Grim was great but I would have preferred a point and click interface, and the Escape from monkey Island one really frustrated me.
    +1, I agree

I want to thanx you for bringing us all those great games you were involved in before!

As for the questions... don't have any because I'm sure the game will be great. No doubts . Btw any new screenshots? ;D

I do have one question: if you haven't chosen your engine yet, would you be interested in using a multiplatform engine, and perhaps develop the game also on Mac and Linux?

It might be difficult for a starting company to find people/ressources to work on ports initially, but I think that this knowledge is never lost for later, no?

Like I said I want the game on as many platforms as possible. So I'd love to get Mac and Linux users to play AVS. It is up to my business partners, publishers and Tech Director. If it can be done, will make financial sense, and we have the funding, we will do it.

-Bill

Like I said I want the game on as many platforms as possible. So I'd love to get Mac and Linux users to play AVS. It is up to my business partners, publishers and Tech Director. If it can be done, will make financial sense, and we have the funding, we will do it.
    It would be great if you could code the game to allow for easy porting to Mac and Linux, even if you're not able to make the ports right away..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast