Thread: Other projects?

Default Other projects?

After the aprubt end of KQIX (well, there's still hope), you surely are discussing other projects for the future.

Last I heard is that you wanted to do sth. original. Did you already decide on a project? If yes, what kind of game will it be? Whats the theme/story?

Default Re: Other projects?

We currently have many options on the table, from small games to epic games. From Adventures to RPGs to hybrids. From games to Online Comics.

However, I think it would be very safe to say that our next project will be an Online Comic that will eventually take the shape of a game. We've titled it "Project Phoenix" for now, and it takes place in current time New York City and a fantastic world called "Avoris", and it follows the story of bird/human creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by cesarbittar
    We've titled it "Project Phoenix" for now, and it takes place in current time New York City and a fantastic world called "Avoris", and it follows the story of bird/human creatures.
    I guess this game will be an adventure game ?

Again, it's too early to say. It's still not in the shape of a game.

If it does become a game, however, though I want to include many adventure elements in it, it will most likely be a hybrid, sharing adventure with RPG and maybe action, since the story calls for the use of other genres.

I'm a strong believer that games don't belong to a genre anylonger, meaning pure genre games are harder and harder to find as the gaming industry grows and grows, and everyone tries to reinvent gameplay.

when can we expect this online comic?

We are working on the story and concept art at the moment. I will say 4 to 6 months at least for the first episode.