Thread: Reconnect lapse

Default Reconnect lapse

So, sometimes i disconnect just for 4-5 sec. Whole process of disonnecting - reconnecting takes 8-10 sec. Now the problem is that these 8-10 sec game is not paused at all. Others are playing while i'm out of the game. After i'm back in game it just fast forward for 10 sec so if you are in lane/fight... chance taht you will be dead is a huge.

So rogers what you missed is that you need to pause game immediately after some lost connection and then again unpause after he is reconnected. I don't have this problem on another platform with reconnect since they pause the game immediately after i disconnect.

I hope this will help to improve reconnect feture.
    Check out my blog about Blizzard Dota

happens to me with 100 mb connection and i never get disconnect from my internet connection.
    but only this sudden unexpected lags happens [only in RGC, doesn't happen in other clients]
    and i also noticed that this happens when the server is overloaded, [150+ games running]

what i think is this is related to the server, i dont think this can be fixed, unless by adding more servers
    and about the pause it will ruin the game, cuz some players are laggers, actually alot of players, so the game will be like pause/unpause all the time

It's working fine on another client so...

It won't be paused all the time, only if you lose connection. Laggers will stay laggers.
    Dying in team fight/lane/from creeps > pause/unpause.
    Check out my blog about Blizzard Dota