View Poll Results: What type of game would you like Himalaya Studios to make next?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sci-Fi

8 47.06%
  • Fantasy

3 17.65%
  • Western

0 0%
  • Psychological Thriller

6 35.29%
  • Other

0 0%

Default What kind of game would you like to see next?

So, we've created a 2D comedic Western. What type of game would you like to see next? Another "Al Emmo"? Something entirely different? 2D? 2D/3D combo? 3D? We'd love to hear your input!

Default Re: What kind of game would you like to see next?

It all depends if you were going to do an adventure game or not. If, then fantasy (not fantasy like Discworld, Lord of the rings or something) but more a realistic theme with fantasy/historical moments, like for example, Broken Sword or Tunguska.

Know where you're coming from... am working through Broken Sword 4 currently. Love the attention to historical detail.

I voted for Sci-fi, but would also likely enjoy a Himalaya fantasy game as well. Also, while previous games have been cute and funny, I wonder what kind of horror/survival game you guys could come up with :P.

Graphics-wise, I would like to see a return of the pure 2D/2D. If you choose to retain 3D elements, it should be 3D full stop. Either one or the other looks better in my opinion.
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

I wonder what kind of horror/survival game you guys could come up with .
    Indeed. I've had one brewing for a while. Definitely a dark little tale.

I woted for sci-fi too. Maybe some adventure about one of Phillip K. Dick's, Stanislaw Lem's or Asimov's novells For example one Solaris themed adventure. But 2D cartooned for sure Not many cartooned sci-fi adventures were made in the past.

One more Sci-Fi vote from me, although I would also love to see another Al Emmo game...

Since you're asking about the next game I guess that means youre planning to do another one. I'm happy to hear that!

Nothing is sure yet. We're keeping our options open.

How interesting... according to our analysis, the sci-fi genre was by far the least liked. I'm glad to know it may still have an audience!
    Agustn Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

How about a combination of Sci-Fi/Fantasy (my favorites in books) and Psychological Thriller? Something along the lines of Rama mixed with Space Quest or Discworld but with a dark undertone would work for me. ;D
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!

I'm voting for Psychological Thriller. I'm sick of sci-fi/fantasy these days. I mean it's good to going on a sci-fi/fantasy movie in the summer time, but d&&&! These days every single week comes up with something sci-fi/fantasy! The situation with games is similar. Not to mention that there are very few good thriller games out. So I'll be very glad if you work in this direction.

Oh, I haven't watched a movie in ages, so I didn't know there were so many these days. There can never be too many sf/f books or games though The Moment of Silence was great, I love Discworld (both books and games), loved Rama... what else is there? Sf/f mixed with a strong thriller theme would be even better. Or just plain thriller without the sf/f.
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam