View Poll Results: Have you heard about us before?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • No

3 33.33%

Default Faraway Studios- who are wii?

I would like to welcome here all of you.

My name is Roman Navratil, im the Director of Faraway Studios, my job ranges from managing the team/project,through doing game design, story writing to graphic design. And I will be the one who'll answer all of your questions this evening.

Who is Faraway Studios?
    Faraway Studios is an Independent group of people mostly from the Czech Republic, who are interested in game development. We have been working together as a team on game development since the begging of 2005. Our main goal is creating incredible atmosphere, which help players live inside an original and interesting story. Next goal is to achieve high-quality visual work as the technology it self. Our current project in development is the “2.5D” adventure with horror components: ”Until I’m Gone”.

www.farawaystudios.com

Default Re: Faraway Studios- who are wii?

Ahojte! Už druhý raz tu stretneme A teraz už aj dve české vývojové tímy sa zúčastnili. COOL ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsess
    Ahojte! Už druhý raz tu stretneme A teraz už aj dve české vývojové tímy sa zúčastnili. COOL ;D
    Yes of course, the czechs are the best developers on the world, thats the reason ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Navratil
    Yes of course, the czechs are the best developers on the world, thats the reason ;-).
    I can just agree with you Czech Republic is a big adventure-maker state, but most of the adventure games are just released in czech language And if we are here : Do you plan to release Until I’m Gone in czech language too?

I can just agree with you Czech Republic is a big adventure-maker state, but most of the adventure games are just released in czech language And if we are here : Do you plan to release Until I’m Gone in czech language too?
    Of course, but the dubbing will be only in english.

A dubbed game would be a better one. The czech dubs are always fantastic 8)

A dubbed game would be a better one. The czech dubs are always fantastic 8)
    Yeah, sure find us some voice actors in quality of the eng actors we have now (and let them work for free), manage them, then it could have a chance :-)

I think it's impressing that you've managed to have voice actors in any language when the game is freeware!

Quote Originally Posted by Isak
    I think it's impressing that you've managed to have voice actors in any language when the game is freeware!
    Hm... no , there will be only english dubbing in the game (+ english, czech and maybee others, subtitles), here was propably some "multi-language-mistunderstanding"...:-)

Oh, my fault what I meant was that it is impressing that you will have voice actors in atleast one (not any) languge (english). Sorry, my fault

Oh, my fault what I meant was that it is impressing that you will have voice actors in atleast one (not any) languge (english). Sorry, my fault
    It has cost us some time and nerves to get the actors we have now, but it was definitely worth it, even that some of them "fall away" in the most unfitest point of development, so we have to quick look for another ones. The developemnt is sometimes really boring, annoying, and stresfull :-/.

But if it is, why don't you make a profit of the game? If you don't find a publisher, why not sell the game (quite cheap) from your website? So you feel that you get something else than feeback and good critisism back.
    Have you looked for publishers?

But if it is, why don't you make a profit of the game? If you don't find a publisher, why not sell the game (quite cheap) from your website? So you feel that you get something else than feeback and good critisism back.
    Have you looked for publishers?
    Im explaning this in the other topic, its a long story, check it there :-).

So, you're already recording the voices? Does it mean the in-game texts are already "locked" (finalized, proofread etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemonic
    So, you're already recording the voices? Does it mean the in-game texts are already "locked" (finalized, proofread etc.)?
    Yes, we have separate the game for easier development to chapters (the final game neverthless, wont be made into chapters), and now, almost all lines for 1 st chapter are recorded, and we are slowly moving to texts in the 2nd chapter.

Can you name all the languages you plan translate the game to?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    Can you name all the languages you plan translate the game to?
    Dubbing- English
    Texts ("subtitles")- Czech, English (and we are also communating with posible Italian and german translators)