Default Re: A Warm Welcome From Nucleosys Digital Studio

Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Hi everybody... glad to be here again. I´m Alejandro the Agustin´s partner and co-founder of nucleosys digital studio... so I will be here too..

Excuse my very poor English. somehow we will be understood

Agustin, this is Stefano from Italy... Just passing by to say hello!
    Did you hear that Tony Tough 2 was finally released?

Will you come to europe next year? In case, let's keep in touch for a guest lecture, what do you think?

Hi Stefano! Glad you could stop by and I'm very happy to hear that you're done with Tony 2 as well. Can't wait to play it!

We might be traveling to Europe next year, so I'll keep you posted... I don't know about giving a lecture though. My spoken English isn't nowhere as good as my written English, which isn't that good in the first place ;D

Well, I guess the guys wouldn't be too upset... We've had guests from all over the world and with the most broken english eheh...

If you're interested I can also help you out and organise a panel...
    Let me know, I think it would be very nice to meet up and also show you the uni and our brand new game architecture program.

Write soon.
    S.

Alright, let's keep in touch! The trip might probably take place nearing the end of next year...

Catch you later on your timeblock! ;D

Oh noooooeess...

Do you already know where you're going to be next year?
    The liepzig fair?

Are you by any chance going to the GDC this year?
    We might catch up there before...

Hasta el ratito...
    S.

The GDC? Yes, it's possible... if I can overcome my insane fear of planes that soon, I might be there

In all seriousness, yes we're intending to attend!

(and I wasn't kidding about the plane-thing)

I was very cared too since a few years ago...
    That is cool though, we can meet in march in some conference or whatever...

Keep ion touch

Thanks to Agustin and Lale. I' m totally exhausted now (it is late and in a few hours i have to got to work).
    It was a nice experience to talk to you and get so detailled answers. I wish the best for the untittled project and every other project to come.
    Good night, meet you at nucleosys-forum again! :-*

Thank you very much for stepping by, and I'm very glad that you enjoyed the chat! We will be probably again on Thursday as well.

Have sweet dreams pondering about the revealing answers you just got ;D

Thanks for coming to this conference so well prepared, guys. It was enjoyable and informative. I've got the greenhouse on my desktop and Cellar of Rats tunes for.... well, I guess I'll actually wait until daylight before listening to them....

Got to go make dinner now, but I'll check back tomorrow to see what I missed. :-*

Thanks for hanging around! Bon appétit ;D

Thanks so much for stopping by and answering our questions (and bringing those lovely Scratches goodies)! The house image is currently my desktop wallpaper.

Agustin, how long do you plan on being here to answer our questions?

Eeh... until mom calls me for dinner!

I don't know really, we'll stick around for a few more minutes, keeping an eye on the forum... and then it's back into the deepest void of darkness for us. But we'll be around next Thursday as well!

Then I'll save up my questions for Thursday.

Default A Warm Welcome From Nucleosys Digital Studio

Hello everybody and thank you for joining us! We trust that you will enjoy this little chat. Special thanks once again to Adventure Europe for hosting this great event and allowing us to participate.

Let's get on with the introductions then – we're Nucleosys Digital Studio (ex plain Nucleosys) and our first game, Scratches, was released early this year in several countries. It's a horror adventure game in the same vein of classic gothic horror movies that plagued the 70's (we're especially talking about the Hammer Horror Films legends) as well as following the slow-paced and what-you-don't-see-is-the-worst-horror style so prominent in H.P. Lovecraft's stories. In its story you take the role of Michael Arthate, a newcomer writer, as he moves into an old mansion lost in the outskirts of a small rural town of England, in order to finish his new horror book. What he finds inside the mansion though, is worse than any horror he could have imagined...

Even while being strictly an old-school type of game, Scratches went to become a highly successful title, selling over 120.000 copies worldwide, a rarely heard before figure for an independently developed game. Needless to say, we were not expecting this as we knew very well that Scratches could be a bit of an acquired taste. What's worse, people actually seemed to enjoy the game. I wonder what we did wrong along the way...

Anyway, after such a long road (the project was over two years in the making and it's going to be one year since its initial release), it's a pleasure to be here and talk about the aftermath that followed. If there's one thing that we enjoyed through this wild journey is being in touch with the people that played Scratches and discuss with them the many quirks of the game. During the final chaotic stages of development, where we spent days without sleep (I'm not making this up), I was craving for the moment in which I could just sit back, relax, read the comments from players, and discuss the game with them. Perhaps that moment has finally come now!

We hope you enjoy the chat, and let the questions start rolling!

I'm a little late here, but thanks for coming on and taking the time to answer questions! Especially mine, which tend to be very long. :-X An end-of-game discussion is perfect for Scratches, if you know what I mean!