Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Let's Discuss The Scratches Ending...

Quote Originally Posted by GSeven
    Which reminds me.. When you hear the laughing in the game, (amulat) where is it coming from-- Michaels head, the spirit of the curse or ????? : (i have too ask :-X)
    That depends on the storyline you want to believe: if the curse is real, then it's the spirit. If the curse is a hoax, then Michael is going nuts.
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Quote Originally Posted by Möwe
    I thought the similar handwriting of Jerry and Miton was a hint.
    But now it seems that it is just a coincidence. :-\
    Can you say somtething about it please?
    Were they that similar? It's definitely a coincidence!

Wow, I finally registered. I'm trying to come up with some good questions.

Ah, yes, when Michael is in the attic, he says he thinks he saw something moving in the dark. Was there really something in there? Or is it just one of the cool extras you added in the game?

And one more thing. Shouldn't you be revealing the alternate edning right now or something? :

Did Blackwood know immediately that something was wrong with his newborn child? Or did Catherine and Milton hide the son away from him?
    I don' t believe that version (of the son hidden away from Blackwood). I think he was hidden away from the world (in these times it may be a shame to have a handicapped child), but there was a great discussion about it, so please tell us!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Eternity
    Wow, I finally registered. I'm trying to come up with some good questions.

Bring it on! >

Ah, yes, when Michael is in the attic, he says he thinks he saw something moving in the dark. Was there really something in there? Or is it just one of the cool extras you added in the game?
    It was just a cheap effect to enhance the atmosphere - there's nothing in the attic, except in Michael's (and your own) imagination ;D

And one more thing. Shouldn't you be revealing the alternate edning right now or something? :
    Perhaps in a few more minutes... we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Möwe
    Did Blackwood know immediately that something was wrong with his newborn child? Or did Catherine and Milton hide the son away from him?
    I don' t believe that version (of the son hidden away from Blackwood). I think he was hidden away from the world (in these times it may be a shame to have a handicapped child), but there was a great discussion about it, so please tell us!
    Yes, he immediately knew - they all did actually, as Milton was of course assisting the delivery. And, as stated in one letter, it was a conscious decision of all three to hide Robin from society (except Blackwood was already becoming fearful of the curse).

Milton never got over that decision, which is why he threatened Catherine to go to the police (he later excuses himself in the same letter).

Folks, I've some good and bad news. The bad one is that I decided to hang on a bit more before revealing the originally intended ending. The good one is that I'll be soon starting work on a document tentatively called "The Scratches Files" that will include several goodies, such as background info, trivia, etc., and in particular a compilation of the questions asked here and the explanation of the original ending. The interest generated by this conference was huge and definitely warrants such material. I hope you don't mind, but I'll make sure the extra wait is worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin Cordes

It was just a cheap effect to enhance the atmosphere - there's nothing in the attic, except in Michael's (and your own) imagination ;D
    ...I guess it's the same for the car, but even if it's just for the athmosphere, is there any relation to the story, for the thing that is supposed to jump at you if you look in the car?

he bad one is that I decided to hang on a bit more before revealing the originally intended ending.
    :'(

The good one is that I'll be soon starting work on a document tentatively called "The Scratches Files" that will include several goodies, such as background info, trivia, etc., and in particular a compilation of the questions asked here and the explanation of the original ending

it's becoming a real investigation

Another question:
    Was the maid involved somewhere in the story? Why did she tell lies to the journalist? What was she doing in a place where she's not allowed to be? Did James know she was taking a photo? What about the photo of the kitchen in her bathroom?

I have really enjoyed Scratches, and all the interaction on the Nucleosys Digital Site Forum board, and thank you Developers for your talents, great imagionation, resourcefullness and patience.

Now from another previous post, we know it is Milton who was the last one left with Robin, and Milton left Robin in the cellar and took off--- where do you suppose Milton could go? Miltons conscience follows him where ever he goes (I hope!).
    No one knows and since you said you knew all (Agustin); is Milton most likely dead from stress and guilt? Or perhaps when Robin got out, Robin went looking for Milton

[this post might be out of order]

The interest generated by this conference was huge and definitely warrants such material. I hope you don't mind, but I'll make sure the extra wait is worth it!
    So you punish us, because we are too curious!
    I like the idea of a briefcase with good prepared and presented information. ;D ;D
    Till then we can discuss what you revealed at your forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxly
    ...I guess it's the same for the car, but even if it's just for the athmosphere, is there any relation to the story, for the thing that is supposed to jump at you if you look in the car?
    Yep, another cheap atmosphere trick ;D

Was the maid involved somewhere in the story? Why did she tell lies to the journalist? What was she doing in a place where she's not allowed to be? Did James know she was taking a photo? What about the photo of the kitchen in her bathroom?
    Of course the maid was involved! She's the one that accused Blackwood. I don't know what you mean about the lies told to the journalist - she just went immediately to the authorities with the picture. Also, remember what she said to her mother in the letter about being curious regarding the strange happenings in the house - this was obviously because Robin had been born and the Blackwoods didn't want the maid in the upper floor. Robin is then put in the cell, which is why the maid never finds anything about the baby being still alive when she starts looking around. During one of her investigations she sees Blackwood digging in the garden and the rest, as they say, is history.

The photos are just... photos. Remember she was practicing and hence taking pictures in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by GSeven
    Now from another previous post, we know it is Milton who was the last one left with Robin, and Milton left Robin in the cellar and took off--- where do you suppose Milton could go? Miltons conscience follows him where ever he goes (I hope!).
    We can't know for sure what happened to Milton. He certainly left, and made sure that Robin was somehow kept alive. He became a very unstable man, no question about that.

In his letter, Jerry tells Michael that the last owner of the house was seen hanging around in bars, all drunk and pathetic. That would be Milton. How long he subsisted, or if he's still alive, that's a question that currently doesn't have a straight answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Agustin Cordes
    I don't know what you mean about the lies told to the journalist
    On the newspaper she says she saw the james shadow from her window...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxly
    On the newspaper she says she saw the james shadow from her window...
    Which is correct and is no lie: she saw his shadow from a window, realized what he was doing, and ran to get her camera and take a picture.

Thanks for the explanations to my questions. I've still got lots to learn about this game! Will the next game be a sequel to Scratches?

(Though one of the coolest theories out there was that he lured Michael inside the house as food for Robin ).
    That IS a good theory. Jerry lured Michael in to feed to Robin. Very disturbing, but not the case.

From whose perspective was the last scene from? Was it Robin? And, I read some people’s theories, and they seem to think that the scratching sounds came from him trying to dig his way out of the place…and in the end he does (when the camera goes through the hole), so he manages to escape, and is now on the loose in Rothbury. I’m starting to agree with that, but not quite sure yet. And, what was the background for the credits? Those orange pinwheel-like things…they sort of looked like leaves, but I couldn’t tell.

the background for the credits was a photo of the greenhouse, with two beautiful flowers behind the window =)

Thanks! Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSolver
    Thanks for the explanations to my questions. I've still got lots to learn about this game! Will the next game be a sequel to Scratches?
    Nope, the new game won't have anything to do with Scratches. It will share a few genre elements in common though.

From whose perspective was the last scene from? Was it Robin? And, I read some people’s theories, and they seem to think that the scratching sounds came from him trying to dig his way out of the place…and in the end he does (when the camera goes through the hole), so he manages to escape, and is now on the loose in Rothbury. I’m starting to agree with that, but not quite sure yet. And, what was the background for the credits? Those orange pinwheel-like things…they sort of looked like leaves, but I couldn’t tell.
    That last scene is seen from the perspective of a camera - it's a cinematic effect and the view doesn't belong to any character in particular. And indeed, the scratching noises came from Robin digging his way out... the camera is supposed to show that he was about to finish. In any case, Michael left the door open, so Robin definitely manages to escape...

Some of these things have been discussed in greater detail earlier, so you might want to take a look at the whole thread when you have the time

Thanks! ;D Oh, so now he's unleashed...

One more question, if you're still on:

When you're right in front of the house, you're able to get Michael to make a comment on this vent behind some bushes on the right side of the house. He says he senses nothing but a deep darkness behind it...is that the vent you see in the room next to where Robin is, the one that the meat was being thrown down?

I'm still trying to figure out who the shadow was that second night...but yes, I'll go check the rest of the thread, sorry, I only skimmed through it before. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSolver
    I'm still trying to figure out who the shadow was that second night...but yes, I'll go check the rest of the thread, sorry, I only skimmed through it before. :-[
    it was robin....

But now ag aswer our questions, I'll ask something that I already asked on our forum...
    The second night, when you see the mask behind the door, is it really a nightmare?
    I ask this question because, in the first dream, you can go only in the affrican room, and some details of the house have changed (like the face on the painting), all like a dream. But the second night, all is at the right place, and the sounds are not like in the first dreams...

btw, why is the big clock working?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast