Default Re: EXCLUSIVE! Scratches Soundtrack And Never Heard Before Tracks!

WHAT! nobody says something about the great music?
    It' s part of the ambience and lets me get the creeps again and again - ever tried to play it very loud when it' s dark outside and you are all alone at home? ;D

They're all still trying to figure out the ending

I will never be able to say enough good things about Cellar of Rats for his work in Scratches... the music was always fantastic, even in these early cuts. This version of Revealed worked extremely well for the ending, except that sequence was still one year away of being completed! I don't know if CoR has a crystall ball or what... it just worked great, and he composed it only by reading a couple of phrases about the ending!
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Yes, the music in Scratches was an integral part of the experience and was wonderfully eerie. I've downloaded these tracks and will listen to them later... right now I feel like someone racing back and forth through hallways to get to various meeting rooms. :antpant::

Well, this would make for some great background music! ;D

On second thought, you might want to shut down your computer because of the unbearable creepiness and miss the whole chat...

Will the Cellar of Rats collaboration continue in "Untitled" and perhaps beyond? I agree, the sound design is simply amazing. I am enjoying everything about Scratches so far (still playing ), but I picked out sound as the strongest point of the all-around experience, the way the moody tone and music mesh.
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Yes, absolutely! He once made a joke about leaving and not being able to work on a new game... I was already booking a flight to Europe before he told me the truth. The original Scratches team will be back, including some of the amazing voice actors as well.

Default EXCLUSIVE! Scratches Soundtrack And Never Heard Before Tracks!

The acclaimed soundtrack behind Scratches, composed by none other than Cellar of Rats, was recently released as a stand-alone CD. With exciting hits such as “The Lurker”, this should be your one stop for scary music this year. More information can be found here:

Details of the Scratches Original Soundtrack!

To celebrate this release, we're exclusively making available for this special event a few out-takes that never made it to the game. The last one actually happens to be one of my favorite tunes, which sadly didn't fit in the style of final soundtrack – it was supposed to play in the last scene after you go down you-know-where. Even though these are very early takes, you can already get a feel of the amazing work that Cellar of Rats was doing for the game.

Please, bear in mind these were work-in-progress takes and may not have very good quality

Without further ado, here they are!

"Their Lost Tale" - Scratches theme (first version)
    "The House, in Dust" - default theme (out-take)
    "Sudden Hero" - rope sequence (alt. version)
    "R's Theme" - secret room (alt. version)
    "Revealed" - last sequence (first version)

So what is Cellar of Rats working on now? Is he working on another project or in limbo awaiting the next Nucleosys game?

I was hoping he could stop by today but he's been busy with personal affairs lately. I believe he's currently working on a new album. He already has a concept in mind for the next game but no actual work has been done yet.

Cellar of Rats composed some excellent music to the game, but I would also like to give my credits to Daniel Cordes (Agustin's Father), who composed the lovely end credits music (the piano theme).