Default Digital Distribution

Greetings to everyone at AME and Crimson Cow . I'm wondering if there are any thoughts on distributing the game also through the internet as an alternative to retail sales. I am sure that there are people living in countries where the game won't be available who would like to play the game. What are your thoughts on this?

Default Re: Digital Distribution

Hi, I have been living for the last 6 years in Italy and certain games are hard to get, especially if you want to play them in the originally language. Since the postal service here is not well functioning, getting games via Amazon is not only expensive but usually takes a long time, sometimes a month. Digital distribution would be always something I'd prefer.

I think there is room for it for all games. I read somewhere that 8-15% of total games sales for Half Life 2 we online. Right now we haven’t discussed it, but I’d be open to it under the right circumstances. But I do love making full games a lot, but have never tried making episodic games. So it could be fun.

I think ultimately all games should be bought on the shelves and over the Internet. I don’t ever see a time where people don’t want to hold an actually box and have a cool manual and lot of physical and colorful stuff that comes with it. It is kind of like a Christmas present.

But that isn’t for everybody. Some people just want to get the game now, because they have busy lives, and trust me, I understand that. Plus some people don’t want to have bookshelves filled with games boxes, and trust me, I understand that too.

So ultimately I’d like to see both, but right now I am concentrating on making the game and will cross that bridge when the time is right. And this is really crimson Cows decision. It is their game, but I am sure all publishers have looked into this business model. They just need to figure out if it is right for them and their business. I’m sure they will do the right thing for the company and the fans whatever the method of distribution.

-Bill

Bill is, of course, right. Digital distribution is something we look into very extensively, as this way of distribution is getting more important every day. Our main goal with a vampyre story is, however, to get it on the shelves in as many countries as possible. We'll have more infos on online distribution some other day.