Default Crimson Cow's role

How much is Crimson Cow inwolwed in the process? Is it a simple matter of a financial investement, or do they also like to see the game as it progresses and contribute their 5 cents with ideas and influence?

Have you also met them sometimes face to face sometimes (except while signing the contract).

Also, do you already know if Crimson Cow has already found some publishing partners around the world for the game?

Default Re: Crimson Cow's role

Crimson Cow likes to give a lot of room to the developers to be creative, which is one of the main reasons we liked their company so much and decide to go with them over others. But we like getting feed back from the publisher too, because it is there game, and it is important to get feedback from people who are so close to the production to give a clear perspective on things. So AME loves getting feedback from Crimson Cow, because we want to make sure we are making a good game, and when they give us feedback it is very helpful and lets us know if we are on the right track. So far we seem to be making a game they like, and that makes me fell good, and breathe easier. I worry a lot so when they give good feedback I feel more confident we are making the right decisions. But Crimsons Cow also trusts us quite a bit. They know the games we have done in the past, and they have read the game design and seen all the concept art we have done so far and so far everything seems to be good or if they don’t like they are doing a good job of keeping that a secret. : )

I have met a two of the Crimson Cow producers and business men. And we plan to meet face to face sometime early next year.

Crimson Cow is in the middle of negotiations with publisher, but you’ll have to ask them about that. They are better suited to answer those types of questions. They trust us with the creative side, and we trust them on the business side, so they know more than I do about that.

-Bill

Default Re: Crimson Cow's role

I'll try to answer your questions from the bottom up

As for our partners around the world, we have already finished contract negotiations with several territories. We are really looking forward to announce any names as soon as everything is signed and filed, as we feel to have got the right partners for such an extraordinary title. Lots of negotiating is still going on with other countries, on which I can naturally not comment right now.

About meeting for signing contracts: I believe most contracts are nowadays send back and forth between parties, so it's become a rare occurrence for people to meet for contract signings As Bill said, some of us have already met and we're planning to meet again in the next few weeks and months, and possibly a some more times until the release. However, we stay in close touch through the marvellous technology of telephones and the internet.

As for your first question, I think Bill has summed it up quite well. Publisher involvement is a sensitive subject. Our approach is to respect the creative talent, while working with them as a team, not opposing parties, like sometimes developer-publisher relationships tend to be, but certainly are not meant to be.