Default International publishing partners

You're very well known for publishing high quality adventures in Germany, but recently you have started funding many adventures and buying the international rights.

However, it seems that it's not so easy to find international partners. As far as I know, there are no English versions yet and no announced release dates for Tony Tough 2 and Undercover, games that have been published in Germany a few monthes ago.

Are you still optimistic for your "partners quest"? Have you already found some partners?

And also: if you find partnes, do you have the intention to monitor the quality by yourself? (High quality boxes, good translations, game website...) Or will this all be the job of the respective partner?

Default Re: International publishing partners

Quote Originally Posted by LGH
    However, it seems that it's not so easy to find international partners. As far as I know, there are no English versions yet and no announced release dates for Tony Tough 2 and Undercover, games that have been published in Germany a few monthes ago.
    The English versions of both mentioned games will be released in Q1/2007.

And also: if you find partnes, do you have the intention to monitor the quality by yourself? (High quality boxes, good translations, game website...) Or will this all be the job of the respective partner?
    We do localisation for the games ourselves. Just a couple of weeks ago, we hired a Localisation Manager Johannes Bickle for this job. All the marketing, including websites etc. will be managed by our partners.
    Olgierd Cypra<br />Community Manager<br /><br />dtp entertainment AG

Quote Originally Posted by dtp Olli
    We do localisation for the games ourselves. Just a couple of weeks ago, we hired a Localisation Manager Johannes Bickle for this job.
    Hmm, that's really interesting. I imagine it would be easier for the publishing partner to keep an eye on the translation work (especially for assuring that word jokes won't be lost, that there will be some 'terminology continuity' in sequels and that the voice actores do a good job) as for a localisation manager who doesn't even know all the target languages. (I'm pretty sure he doens't know all of them )

On the other hand, if this manager succeeds in contracting good companies to help with the job (for example something like "Toneworx" in Germany) it could still work out predctly

And I guess it is easier to convince publishing partners when you already have a completely localised product lying on the table

All the marketing, including websites etc. will be managed by our partners.
    But sometimes you build the early websites that are created before finding a partner, right? Like the English Tony Tough 2 page?

Cheers,
    LGH

Quote Originally Posted by LGH
    We do localisation for the games ourselves. Just a couple of weeks ago, we hired a Localisation Manager Johannes Bickle for this job.
    Hmm, that's really interesting. I imagine it would be easier for the publishing partner to keep an eye on the translation work (especially for assuring that word jokes won't be lost, that there will be some 'terminology continuity' in sequels and that the voice actores do a good job) as for a localisation manager who doesn't even know all the target languages. (I'm pretty sure he doens't know all of them )

On the other hand, if this manager succeeds in contracting good companies to help with the job (for example something like "Toneworx" in Germany) it could still work out predctly
    Just to clear this up: our localization manager of course works in tandem with our partners in the individual territories to make sure all ANACONDA products are localized best as possible, that means he prepares all the necessary materials, supervises the translation process and so on.

All the marketing, including websites etc. will be managed by our partners.
    But sometimes you build the early websites that are created before finding a partner, right? Like the English Tony Tough 2 page?[/quote]

Exactly, we want to present our games to an international audience, since we see ANACONDA as a global label moving forward. For this reason, we build English websites right off the bat.

Cheers!

Claas
    www.anaconda-games.com