Default The Island: The Earthling

This game will be based on the well-known book Inhabited Island (also known as Prisoners of Power) written by Strugatsky brothers. The Island is a first-person adventure quest with panoramic environments.

This is the age of mankind’s prosperity. Pilots of FSG (Free Search Group) are exploring the universe. Our hero – Maksim Kammerer – is forced to perform an emergency landing on the planet Sarraksh, where, a few minutes after, his ship is destroyed and he becomes a prisoner on the unknown planet.

It turns out that there is human civilization on this planet. Its level of development is much like the level of our civilization in the 20th century. A protracted nuclear war almost completely destroyed the planet’s ecology, and the surviving population still suffers. Their painfully obtained peace remains very unstable and a loathsome truth is hidden behind it. Maksim Kammerer must break through a veil of lies to find out what it is.

Maksim will go through military service, join rebels. He’ll do time in a penal camp and will also encounter mutants.

Features

· Original story based on the best-seller book by Strugatsky brothers
    · First-person view with panoramic environment
    · Photorealism
    · 10 game episodes
    · 100 unique locations
    · Contemporary sound and visual F/X
    · Original music score

Screenshots:

A view of the capital city
    Another view of the city
    Parts of old defence perimeter
    Physics lab

Default Re: The Island: The Earthling

On what stage of development is the game right now?
    When are you going to finish it?
    Do you negotiate with any developers? Will the game be translated into English and released worldwide?

---EDIT----
    Will the gameplay concentrate on lone exploration (like in Myst games) wheter you plan to implement interaction with other characters?
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

Quote Originally Posted by Davero
    On what stage of development is the game right now?
    When are you going to finish it?
    Do you negotiate with any developers? Will the game be translated into English and released worldwide?
    --Edited a bit--
    Well, as a matter of fact, the game is almost done. The remainig tasks relate to scripting, tuning, testing and other "make up" work. The game (in Russia) is due March. We are thinking about localizations but it's a little early to talk about it today.

---EDIT----
    If the gameplay will concentrate on lone exploration (like Myst games) wheter you plan to implement interaction with other characters?
    Definitely there will be interaction with other characters! After all, it's an inhabited island
    Seriously, though, there will be some of both: sometimes (especially in the beginning) Mac will explore the wilderness, but more often he will visit cities, villages, military camp etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Helseth
    As for developers - you mean publishers?
    Of course, sorry :. I thought that after 21.00 GMT the thread would be locked, so I desperatly tried to complement my question.
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

Quote Originally Posted by Helseth
    As for developers - you mean publishers?
    Of course, sorry :. I thought that after 21.00 GMT the thread would be locked, so I desperatly tried to complement my question.
    By the way, I edited my answer above for a bit more precision

Keeping my fingers crossed for an English/international release, this looks promising!
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!

Quote Originally Posted by PolloDiablo2 View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed for an English/international release, this looks promising!
    Is there an English version (translation) of this game available somewhere?
    Even if it is just text, would love to play this game.

Mark