Thread: Background art

Default Background art

Hi everyone!

I am Fizzii, background and sprite artist for A Tale of Two Kingdoms. A Tale of Two Kingdoms consists of approximately 60 physical locations, done by KQartist, Emily and myself. Any questions about how the background art is done, or otherwise, shoot!

Default Re: Background art

I wonder, how do you keep consistencies when passing art between 3 people? Are they done in steps, as in one person does a wash and another does detail, zoom work, etc.? The results have been beautiful, here and in other released screenshots.
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

Each screen was essentially done by one artist, then we comment on each other's work. Since KQartist was the lead background artist for this project, I tried to match his style as best as I could. KQartist also touched up work, and I kept touching up work as well, so the style matches as best as we can hope for.

Hey there!

You know I'm a fan of all three members of your art team, and I just want to say that the art in this game is beautiful (I've been privvy to a few pics) and I can't wait to see and play the final version.

Bt