Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Belief & Betrayal

There have always been books and films based on church conspiracies, but this theme seems to be really booming since Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. Did you have the idea for B&B before reading his novell or afterwards? Also, would you say that the game shares some elements with the book or would you say it's something completely different?

The other church themed game that came out recently by another company seemed to focus more on puzzles than on story. How would you describe the "story / puzzle" balance in you game?

Default Re: Belief & Betrayal

Quote Originally Posted by LGH
    There have always been books and films based on church conspiracies, but this theme seems to be really booming since Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. Did you have the idea for B&B before reading his novell or afterwards? Also, would you say that the game shares some elements with the book or would you say it's something completely different?
    Hello LGH,
    the original subject was thought a lot of time before Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code success, it was originally conceived for an FPS... :-X while the protagonist (Jonathan Danter) was originally born for our first not-licensed-character adventure game; so, how sometimes it happens, the book has influenced and inspired us in order to join our first subject together our first original hero, and it has brought us to until the creation of Belief & Betrayal.

So in other hands the Dan Brown's opera work has influenced us in the 'choice' of the argument but not in the storyboard or in the subject, these are completely original

Quote Originally Posted by LGH
    The other church themed game that came out recently by another company seemed to focus more on puzzles than on story. How would you describe the "story / puzzle" balance in you game?
    Surely B&B is focussed on story, a lot of research were been done by us around Catari, historical religious facts and mystical locations; sometimes the enigmas concerns in theme situations, sometimes puzzle are taken out of context.

After playing demo, one can suppose the game is rather easy and that the difficulty is limited to find needed objects and then just watch and listen.
    You say that the game is focused on the story. So are there real puzzles in the game (not only find object and use it in an obious way) wheter it is game adressed rather to players who would like to follow the story than racks their brains over puzzles?
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

I've played the demo, but I don't speak a lot of Italian. I just wanted to have a look. ;D

Am really looking forward to this game!
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!

Quote Originally Posted by Davero
    After playing demo, one can suppose the game is rather easy and that the difficulty is limited to find needed objects and then just watch and listen.
    The demo just brings the player:
    - at the beginning of the story
    - to know 'who' is Jonathan Danter
    But only this, as you'll see enigmas are not so easy and not focused on objects that had to be found and or combined together!

You say that the game is focused on the story. So are there real puzzles in the game (not only find object and use it in an obious way) wheter it is game adressed rather to players who would like to follow the story than racks their brains over puzzles?
    Absolutely yes, there are even brain rebus as well as even some 'mechanical' enigmas and, last but not least, some rebus that has to be solved using "ideas" inventory.

Great! ;D
    Good adventuring needs both - story and puzzles.
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

Great! ;D
    Good adventuring needs both - story and puzzles.
    Yes, I think the same ;D

Well, I have not played your games yet... But it is still quite remarkable you're managing to keep a software house alive in Italy. I know it's challenging and takes time, passion, continuous sacrifice.

Have you ever pondered moving?

Ciao, Stefano.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchitect
    Well, I have not played your games yet... But it is still quite remarkable you're managing to keep a software house alive in Italy. I know it's challenging and takes time, passion, continuous sacrifice.

Have you ever pondered moving?

Ciao, Stefano.
    Ciao Stefano,
    I perfectly understand what you mean... and most of all I know that you know...
    I believe that could more easier and funny to speak in another location and in Italian

My best wishes for TT2!

Would you feel like being my guest for a guest lecture?
    My kids really love when somebody can provide a view on this very segmented industry from another perspective...
    It would need to be in English, in case you accepted.
    (Fully compensated, of course)...

What about January? Could you find a weekend to spend in Holland for us?

As for me, I will not be back in Italy for a while...

Are you going to be at the GDC this year?
    S.

Would you feel like being my guest for a guest lecture?
    My kids really love when somebody can provide a view on this very segmented industry from another perspective...
    It would need to be in English, in case you accepted.
    (Fully compensated, of course)...

What about January? Could you find a weekend to spend in Holland for us?

As for me, I will not be back in Italy for a while...

Are you going to be at the GDC this year?
    S.

It's rather attractive...
    January could well fit and I haven't visit Holland yet!

I don't know if I'll be at GDC, may be but it's not sure; I think that we could better speak by phone, please send me an email through our site and we'll better discuss about everything.

What do you say?

Tomorrow mornign at your studio address, would that be fine?
    S.

Tomorrow mornign at your studio address, would that be fine?
    S.
    Ok!
    Have a good night,

Riccardo

Same to you.
    Ciao.

I have a question about the demo. Does it have a proper ending? I couldn't find anything to do after discovering the books in a certain order, but I may have overlooked something.
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!

Quote Originally Posted by PolloDiablo2
    I have a question about the demo. Does it have a proper ending? I couldn't find anything to do after discovering the books in a certain order, but I may have overlooked something.
    Hello PolloDiablo2,

the demo ends with an advertising screen so you are near to close the demo but you need to solve some enigmas yet

Riccardo

PS I can't spoiler what you've to do :-X

Is Belief and Betrayal released allready?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    Is Belief and Betrayal released allready?
    Hello Alex,

no the game was released two days ago in Italy while it will be released in Germany since the middle of January, for other countries and or details I suggest you to directly ask to Anaconda.

Riccardo

At least it IS already released. Have you used Virtools engine as in "Martin Mystere" or you have used something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex ASP
    At least it IS already released. Have you used Virtools engine as in "Martin Mystere" or you have used something else?
    Hello Alex,
    we've used the last version of Virtools, and... probably we've pushed at maximum its features

Riccardo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast