Default first :) - thanks and questions about tony tough2

Hi.

I've already played Tony Tough 2 (in german language) and I want to tell you that I love it. It must have been a difficult task for you being responsible for such different sectors/jobs while creating that game.
    I never joined in an online conference before, so maybe I don't know the most interesting questions to ask, but I'm curious and just wanna start:

- What was the field of duties (while creating TT2) you liked the most, where did you have the most fun? (well, I hope that creating the game was fun, too)
    - And what do you think was the most difficult part by creating this prequel game?
    - What's your favorite character and why?
    - Will there be a Tony Tough 3? I'd like to see a game between TT2 and TT1

Some crits by the way:
    + the graphics and video sequences were amazing
    + the character design (how they look and how they act! especially Tony) is the part of the game I like the most
    + the humor, of course
    - I think the way how the game started was a bit irritating. But to explain further what I mean, this would need too many words now and I don't want to bore anyone since I'm not sure if feedback like that is desirable here)

There would be more to tell but I want to make it short and I think you already got much detailed feedback.

Default Re: first :) - thanks and questions about tony tough2

Oh wow... Well, my pleasure if you liked it.
    I guess the next versions coming out (presumably Italian and French) will be a little more accurate with the movies issues etc. But this is out of subject now.

* The field I liked the most: all the design / writing related ones... I don't like to take much pressure and alas organising a team is all but a lighthearted task. I like independent, creative tasks as opposed to administrative ones.
    That's the reason why I like teaching... It's creative, free, stimulating... Very interactive.

* Creating a prequel presents no particular difficulty apart from having a strong and systematic memory for detail. Well, as you surely know a prequel was possibly our only choice

* My favorite charachter? Uhm... The postman. Confused, vile, blasphemous. You really can't ask for more in a videogame character.

* Who knows if there'll be a sequel... I take you'd like one among the two while I'd rather see if I could fit one after the end of Tony 1... That would be quite acrobatic in terms of design hehe...

Thank you very much for your comments, critique, affection...

Keep going with the flow if you feel like debating more... I guess you're the only one on this topic at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchitect
    Oh wow... Well, my pleasure if you liked it.
    I guess the next versions coming out (presumably Italian and French) will be a little more accurate with the movies issues etc. But this is out of subject now.
    I hope there will be a patch for the german version out soon. It's no fun to me in the state it is right now

(maybe the server problems scared people )

Well, I sadly don't "surely know" since I yet have to play Tony Tough 1. ;D (and I will! Just wanted to play the prequel at first)

Yeah, the postman is a funny character. Definitely convincing (nasty, hehe) - it's something that amazed me about Tony Tough2, that the characters appealed so very lively to me. As if they were kinda caricatures of people the developers know or knew when they were kids.

Thanks for your answers! I've got to leave now, so I hope there will follow others who ask more questions which I just forgot. Maybe I'm just too curious about the whole game design thing to confine myself on questions which are interesting for others, too. Don't know what you've expected.

@axelkothe
    Yes.

@Axelkothe

Much obliged good sir, a patch is already being developed...

Can I ask you some questions?

Did the arbitrary (but not random) montage bothered you?
    Could you follow the storyline?

Name the thing you liked most and the thing you liked the least, would you?

Dank u wel!

@Aeyoscaer

I did not have any expectations, really... I was just trying to express the fact that you're welcome to ask whatever you might be interested in as I will be happy to try to reply...
    Hehe...

@Axelkothe

Much obliged good sir, a patch is already being developed...

Can I ask you some questions?

Name the thing you liked most and the thing you liked the least, would you?

Dank u wel!
    Well, I can't tell you much, because I didn't play very long, just about 20minutes or so before I decided to wait for a patch. In these 20 minutes I was thrown several times back onto the computer desktop whenever a video startet, which totally destroyed the atmophere (the game was still running and I was able to open it up again...). Then there were some black screens where there was sound, but no picture... I don't know wheter I missed something there or not. And I also got that irritating sound after each voice sample, so overall it was not a very pleasing experience. What I did like was the graphical style of the game, some of the humor (I have to check the english version when its out though - i preferred it in Tony 1 over the german one).

Let's hope you'll be patched soon...
    Sorry for the inconvenient, it was working allright on most PCs.

Ah ok, some last minutes for today...

Since axel isn't able to answer all of your questions, I'll try. I didn't have any technical problems with the videos (old pc, old ATI), so I could follow the storyline - technically. I'm not sure what you mean with montage here (maybe the flashbacks?), but it could have been clearer in the first seconds that it's another sequence. Some players thought that the same video is just being played again. I like the way to tell a story via flashbacks - and I liked the videos although there were a bit too many for my taste (the one at the end seemed to be a bit long) - in comparism to the interactive gaming time. I hope we are talking about the same thing.

Good night.

Yes, aeyolscaer, we're talkng about the same thing...
    I actually wanted to know wether the subtle differences and evolutions in the movies were percievable and helped you to understand the starting event as the game developed...

Did you manage to finish it?
    Anyone?

Too easy? Too hard? Too short?

Thanks for the info by the way...
    S.

Okay. Yes they were percievable and helped. But I think it had been better if the second movie which started likewise the first (or at least I and some others feeled like there were no changes in the first moments) should have started a bit different... since I'm not the game designer I haven't got a clue what would've been better there (language again...arrr). Well, it looked a bit bumpy there. Of course the longer I played the game, the clearer was how the storytelling worked. But this very first impression about it was "Bug?! ... *waits*.... aaaah okay, another flashback from another perspective."

I finished it, yes. The severity is absolutely okay I guess.
    If there had been a bit more playing sequences instead of movies I'd say it wasn't too short. But the end could have had a more complicated riddle.

Now I'm really gone. 8)

Thanks again for everything...
    Good to have met you.
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeyolscaer
    but it could have been clearer in the first seconds that it's another sequence. Some players thought that the same video is just being played again.
    Yeah, I was one of these people and thought at first it was ANOTHER bug. But then I startet the whole game a second time (since I installed some new sound drivers and wnated to check wether it made some difference) and I got it then. So yes, it is a bit confusing, but I like the concept.

I really wish we have had more time for those movies, guys...
    Well, believe me when I say it's already been a miracle we could make it all happen and in a - in my opinion - quite elegant, decetly functioning way.

Thank you for your interest and comments.
    I really appreciated them...

The invitation to our program's open day is of course open to all of you (check the other topic)
    S.