Default Some brand new "The Abbey" material...!

So here are some pieces of work, showing different aspects of the ongoing process of designing this game. Santi will soon explain some of these pieces to you:

First are some character studies. As you all might know, "The Abbey" has changed alot since it was first announced. These scribbles will probably illustrate this fact quite well.

Here's some more stuff to enjoy: :-D

And lastly, here's a montage of the main characters 3d model into one of the environments:

Default Re: Some brand new "The Abbey" material...!

I love those screens, can't wait to see a previw of the Abbey

We are glad to hear it from you It's important for us to know the opinion from each fan to see we are on the right way.
    The team spend so much time on the new design and also on the character art and I am sure they are glad to hear something in the way you wrote.

Thank you

Well.
    The abbey is a project developed during many many many years. Some of you probably wasn't born.
    The first graphic style was created in 1992, a years very influenced by Disney with films such as Aladdin or Beauty and the beast.
    Years later this style become childlike. That's because when we signed with Crimson Cow for the production of the game we all decided changing the visual style to get one more addecuated for the story we have.
    We are very happy with the final result and next months you will see why.

Wow this Screens are Stunning!!! I can't wait to see a demo or preview of the game. I love the caracters and the enviroments, it doesn't look CGI.
    Can you tell us something about the production of the game?

Thanks a lot, and I want to seemore screens!!!

I'm glad about this question.
    In The Abbey we have using an innovative production system based on storyboarding the whole game.
    It's an idea from years ago but till now we haven't the means to make it (God bless Karsten Otto).

The idea consist in planify as a film every moments of the game, not only animatic, but the whole game, puzzles too.
    The result is that you'll play an adventure game with a cinematographic dinamism and a rithm never seen in an adventure.

Changes of shot, travellings, camera motion, fx... Everything is studied beforehand by experts in directing and cinematografying films. This not means the game will be a film, because you are playing all time!!!!.

This system makes that we are now only center in the preproduction of the game creating designs and sketches and later the whole production of animation and final backgrounds will come enterely in a few months. That's why you will see a lot of visual material, but all from a months on.

Wow ! these look pretty amazing !

Oded.
    Zbang ! The new comedy game from Corbomite Games !<br />http://corbomitegames.com/zbang<br /><br />Pizza Morgana! Our new hilarious fantasy game. <br />http://pizza-morgana.com<br /><br />Corbomite Games Company

Okay, you've convinced me to forget about Clever&Smart, now I want The Abbey! ;D
    Beta-tester of Scratches, Carte Blanche, Time Stand Still, Hope Springs Eternal and others. Feel free to contact me if you need beta-testers!

Don't forget about Clever&Smart at all.
    If I were you, I'd buy both games.
    So what are you expecting? Go to the store and buy Clever&Smart. Tons of fun are awaiting you! :P

Right ...

Quote Originally Posted by Santi
    Don't forget about Clever&Smart at all.
    If I were you, I'd buy both games.
    So what are you expecting? Go to the store and buy Clever&Smart. Tons of fun are awaiting you! :P
    I wish I could :'(
    But I don't speak Spanish and my German is nowhere near good enough to play a game like Clever and Smart.
    Proud member of the Scratches betatestteam

Maybe we find away for an english version