Default Forum problems during first day of ADOC2006

We have to apologize for the technical forum problems occured on the first day of our event. Eventhough a new server was configured within shortest possible time, most of timeblock B our forum was down. Please note, that all boards of already finished timeblocks will remain opened for further discussions. The timeblock for "Fusionsphere Systems & Animation Arts" is postponed to Wednesday, 29.11.2006, GMT 19:00-21:00.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    The Adventure Europe Team

Default Re: Forum problems during first day of ADOC2006

Sorry to hear about the problems. Why did you guys have to change servers so short before such an important event, if I may boldly ask?

--Erwin
    &gt; Learn more about my forthcoming point &amp; click adventure: Bad Timing!<br />&gt; Or... Visit Adventure Developers: Your source for everything related to independent/hobbyist adventure game development!

Out of curiosity, is it as busy as you expected? Busier? Less busy?

@Erwin: We had to change the server due technical problems which came up during the event
    @Radiant: So busy, that our server crashed ;D

Michael

Hi Micha,
    liegts am Forum oder an meinem Rechner, das Smilies und die vorschau Funktion beim beiträge verfassen nicht funktionieren?
    www.adventure-treff.de

Hallo netgic,

also ich habe gerade den Beitrag oben geschrieben und hatte keine Probleme mit den Smilies ?
    Aber ich möchte im Moment ein Problem mit dem Forum nicht ausschließen, davon haben wir gerade genug >
    Wir arbeiten daran und sind hoffentlich morgen wieder zu 100% da.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by [netgic
    ]
    Hi Micha,
    liegts am Forum oder an meinem Rechner, das Smilies und die vorschau Funktion beim beiträge verfassen nicht funktionieren?
    My smileys aren't working either. It's not too important, though. You guys are lucky to get everything up on its feet in shuch a small timeframe! Good job.

--Erwin
    &gt; Learn more about my forthcoming point &amp; click adventure: Bad Timing!<br />&gt; Or... Visit Adventure Developers: Your source for everything related to independent/hobbyist adventure game development!

Hi Micha,

damit du weißt was ich meine und vielleicht hilfts ja bei der problemlösung hier mal zwei Bilder.

Internet Explorer 7
    http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/1228/problemly1.jpg

Bei Firefox 2 wird da garnix angezeigt:

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/8710/problemkr8.jpg
    www.adventure-treff.de

Hallo netgic,

dankeschön für den Hinweis und die Bilder. Habe es gleich an unsere Admins weitergegeben.
    Ich hoffe die bringen das noch hin, sind ganz schön im Streß heute abend ;D

Michael

The problem today was partially caused by my slackiness, I had promised dimi to move the website content over to my own servers a couple of weeks ago but never really managed to because of my busy working schedule. If I had known that this event would happen I would have moved it a week ago so that it would have not disrupted anything.

Anyways as Iam writing the content of the website is being transfered over to this new server but extremely slow because of misconfigurations at the old host I assume.

Everything should be up and running correctly tomorrow

bb!!

~ Suby

Smiles problem fixed ;D :

I would like to thank Leo for fast reaction in yesterdays crucial moment. You are a hero man