Default Martin Mystere - comments

I've recently finished Martin Mystery and reviewed it, so I'd like to give you a little feedback:

I think that the game is above average. It makes very good first impression. I've been especially glad because there are so many objects player can interact with (which aren't neccesary to deal with any puzzle !), and there are objects which can be taken, but play only the role of "red herring". There are so many games full of beautifull but almost empty places, and few objects to find and collect. MM is different.
    And there was really great idea to make a puzzle which has its solution inside the box! (unfortunately, here in Poland, we are offered a version without it)

But while playing I started to be angry because of pixel hunting. I really don't like it. And I had an impression that the main difficulty was, unfortunately, finding an object. The way it should be used (when found) was rather obvious most of the time. There are too few "creative" puzzle (like the one with photocopier for example).
    I regret that Java character is rather underdeveloped almost needles and useless.
    Bugs and English translation was also problematic but I'm sure you already know about it.
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

Default Re: Martin Mystere - comments

I actually think there were too many objects you could look at. I also don't like empty screens with nothing to click at, but I think in MM it was a little too much. I also missed spoken comments on these items, which probably also has to do with "too many". Still I enjoyed MM for the most part, so I'm really looking forward to B&B, which seems to be a very interesting adventure game.

Quote Originally Posted by Davero
    I've recently finished Martin Mystery and reviewed it, so I'd like to give you a little feedback:

I think that the game is above average. It makes very good first impression. I've been especially glad because there are so many objects player can interact with (which aren't neccesary to deal with any puzzle !), and there are objects which can be taken, but play only the role of "red herring". There are so many games full of beautifull but almost empty places, and few objects to find and collect. MM is different.
    And there was really great idea to make a puzzle which has its solution inside the box! (unfortunately, here in Poland, we are offered a version without it)
    Hi Davero,
    thanks for your kind words, and yes we think that the 'inside box' enigma was very original You'll see other 'not conventional' rebus in our games... you can be sure

It was very bad that in Polish version hadn't the that solution in the box, but I fear that in some countries not all Martin Mystere publishers has done a worthy work... Anyway this is not the place for polemics.

But while playing I started to be angry because of pixel hunting. I really don't like it. And I had an impression that the main difficulty was, unfortunately, finding an object. The way it should be used (when found) was rather obvious most of the time. There are too few "creative" puzzle (like the one with photocopier for example).
    I regret that Java character is rather underdeveloped almost needles and useless.
    Bugs and English translation was also problematic but I'm sure you already know about it.
    In Belief & Betrayal we've tried to insert less 'pixel hunting' conditions even if in some situations you've to still find objects and interactive areas; we continuously try to reach what players prefer, so a better balance between examinable and usable objects; I hope we've reach a good arrangement.

Java is the friend/partner of Martin Mystere in the comic novel, so we had to respect the original world of MM... and yes we know bugs of the game (but we've released some patch) and, most of all a not so good translation.

Fortunately today English translation (the main one) is not a problem anymore, even because the co-designer is native speaker of English

Quote Originally Posted by axelkothe
    I actually think there were too many objects you could look at. I also don't like empty screens with nothing to click at, but I think in MM it was a little too much. I also missed spoken comments on these items, which probably also has to do with "too many". Still I enjoyed MM for the most part, so I'm really looking forward to B&B, which seems to be a very interesting adventure game.
    Hi,
    as I've just told we've (we think to have...) better balanced amount of objects and enviroment description so, in B&B, every comment is finally spoken

I think that B&B is a very interesting adventure game too... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo Cangini
    In Belief & Betrayal we've tried to insert less 'pixel hunting' conditions even if in some situations you've to still find objects and interactive areas;
    O.K. I have nothing against looking for objects, but if I check up, for example, a bed and there is any hotspot neither on its right side, nor on its left side, but there is one in the centre which looks the same as the rest of the bed (or there is, lets say, small black point) - it is annoying.
    I'm glad that B&B will be different.
    ...the room was so low, that pancakes should be eaten spread...

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo Cangini
    In Belief & Betrayal we've tried to insert less 'pixel hunting' conditions even if in some situations you've to still find objects and interactive areas;
    O.K. I have nothing against looking for objects, but if I check up, for example, a bed and there is any hotspot neither on its right side, nor on its left side, but there is one in the centre which looks the same as the rest of the bed (or there is, lets say, small black point) - it is annoying.
    I'm glad that B&B will be different.
    Really, we always consider what players and press said, customer opinions are very important for us!