Default Brief Introduction

Juniper Games is a company that builds on numerous years of game development experience. From art and animation, production and project management to writing and design.

Juniper Games is committed to bringing you the best possible games, designed with fun and high interaction density in mind at all times. Our first game, Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso, was recently released to great critical acclaim.

(See you later this evening.)
    Steve<br />www.juniper-games.com

Default Re: Brief Introduction

I'm now here, ready to go whenever you are.

Hey Steve,

I just wanted to congratulate you about putting yourself on the map so quickly with Juniper Games and your titles - it was a great achievement!

I'm very much looking forward to playing Sapphire Claw... any hints about a potential release date?
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Thanks Agustin, that's kind of you to say. Though it seems that I'm a very small dot on a very big map right now.

Currently I'm diverting my energies towards other projects and it may be some time before I can get back to The Sapphire Claw. Still, you may be interested in what I'm involved in when news comes out.

Being on a very big map still accounts for something ;D

I'll keep an eye for those news then...
    Agustín Cordes<br />Nucleosys Digital Studio<br />www.nucleosys.com

Well, I'm probably really a cluster of very tiny dots...

Okay, I'm on the map, but have I got the compass, the survival rations and, most importantly, the sewer key?

Oh wow, I hope certainly hope you have the sewer key

About these other projects, and I realise you probably have non disclosure issues to be mindful of, but are they games? books?
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )

I'm currently writing and designing a point and click adventure for another company, but that's all I can say about that project. Except that I'm really having lots of fun and it's going to be wonderful. ;D

Hi Steve.

Congrats on Mr. Smoozles. Too bad about SC, hope you'll have the time to do it.

I have question that is related to this job you are working on atm. And, no I won't go into an NDA territory.

Simply this - you got to be a freelance game designer. I presume your history with Broken Sword had alot to do with it, but I wanted to ask.

Is it worth your while? I mean, does it pay the bills to be a freelance designer? I can imagine it's both fun and enjoyable, designing a game from home.
    but is it lucrative?

Thanks.
    Best wishes with your projects.

Thanks Kaptain.

I certainly couldn't do what I do without the experience I gained working at Revolution, including the games Beneath a Steel Sky, In Cold Blood, El Dorado, as well as the first three Broken Sword games.

Most of my commissions have simply been for my writing skills and this is the first one where I've done both writing and design. It's certainly possible to make a decent living if you can get a regular stream of work coming in. The trick is working out how to fit the jobs together without leaving too much "dead" time between them. The biggest problem is when you get requests for jobs where the time-frame overlaps another one. I recently had to turn down an excellent script editing job because of a clash with my current commission. But you can't do everything.

Okay, I have to go for today. Thanks for your posts, everyone.

Bye.

Cheers Steve Thanks for coming out today. Hope to see you around later.
    Mr. Smoozles comic<br />Astronaut Elementary comic (the other AE )