Default Compared to Runaway 1...

... honestly, what would you say about the second version?

- does it take longer to solve all the puzzles?
    - is it all in all "bigger"?
    - are there more scenes?
    - what is relative "play-time"? (compared to R1)

...i can't wait to get it :-( i wan't so see my love!!!

P.S. Gina ist ein verlogenes Miststück... aber ICH LIEBE SIE!!! ;-)

Default Re: Compared to Runaway 1...

I would say is bigger and longer in all aspects. It has almost double script and almost triple animations than the first one. Also, I think it's 10x funnier and it features much more music, etc.

I agree about the fun factor!

I had a lot more laughs and sniggers in this episode than I had in the first one, which was more oscillating between a Broken Sword and LucasArts heritage... in the second episode, you clearly dismiss the Broken Sword factor, in order to fully go through the same paths as old LucasArts adventures went: a lot of humour, a very well-written script, some zany characters (especially in the 4th chapter)...

Really, this game recently joined my top 5 favourite adventures (the 1st one being DOTT)!

Quote Originally Posted by ClémentXVII
    I agree about the fun factor!

I had a lot more laughs and sniggers in this episode than I had in the first one, which was more oscillating between a Broken Sword and LucasArts heritage... in the second episode, you clearly dismiss the Broken Sword factor, in order to fully go through the same paths as old LucasArts adventures went: a lot of humour, a very well-written script, some zany characters (especially in the 4th chapter)...

Really, this game recently joined my top 5 favourite adventures (the 1st one being DOTT)!
    That's quite a compliment!!! thank you.

Why to have changed the French voice of Brian ? (I love the new Brian voice but I think it's disconcerting at the beginning :P)

I wanted to also say that the work of translation is a true success

thank you for your answer, i'm really looking forward to playing it, even more right now... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by DjTino
    Why to have changed the French voice of Brian ? (I love the new Brian voice but I think it's disconcerting at the beginning :P)

I wanted to also say that the work of translation is a true success
    I didn't know the actor who plays Brian is not the same than the one in the original game, however I am sure there is a good reason to do that. And I agree, localization of the French version is really good. Tha translator and the rest of the people involved did a pretty good job.

Well,let`s start with that i`m a huge fan of runaway 1 and when I got Runaway 2 i was affraid of only one thing and it happened,i`ll explain right away(this my opinion):Chapter1 promising,second tempting,third good,fourth ok(end of that chapter is a crucial point where the biggest mistake is made-that story with aliens isn`t going to work-it sucks and Joshua is very annoying caracther).Why have you made some major conspiracy when there was no need,people liked "little one" with just Gina and Brian in a mess with a Mafia in R1 which was quite realistic and fun.To finish Chapter 5 ok,Chapter 6 terrible(only thing that`s fun is that English accent and nothing more)-what were you thinking-to fill hole in this adventure and you did,that Chapter is total miss.Then pixel hunting come on,you hadn`t to do that especially in last three chapters the puzzels are such nonesense.I must admit that I wouldn`t play this game if it weren`t of the R1.The soul of this game is now lost and you have to retrieve it in R3.For example Joshua`s appearence should be set to minimum.Gina should be more involved...the main thing is you should get back to basics-roots of these game you set in R1.Enough for now.