Default Other adventures besides ND?

Hello,

I'm wondering wether you ever consider doing something else besides the ND adventures? Obviously they sell so that you don't need to do sth. different, but don't you get bored after all this time?

Default Re: Other adventures besides ND?

Great question! As for other titles, we have been in discussions with several other property holders. I really hope to get one of them as I did a lot of research and work on the 'pitch' and think we can do the property justice just like we did for Nancy Drew.

And while Nancy Drew has perennial charm, there are times when making a game every 6 months can start to seem like... well, work. : But, to keep things fresh, we always try to challenge ourselves and our audience by making changes - sometimes risky ones, sometimes very successful ones. For instance, adding the Hardy Boys as additional characters was quite challenging both technically and narratively.

I noticed that there is also a Game Boy Advance Version of one of the ND games. Do you have plans for other console / handheld versions?

That is correct - we ported Message in a Haunted Mansion to GameBoy.

We assess feasibilty of porting the games to console each year. In the past, we have decided not to for a variety reasons. But the major reason is that a 'point and click' game doesn't translate well for a console experience. However, we've seen a couple of adventure-style games on the DS such as Trace Memory that are intriguing in their use of the console. Also, the Wii is more and more an interesting platform because it can mimic the mouse in a 'point and click' very well and also is very accessible by the casual market.

So - brief answer - yes, we definitely are looking at porting our games and are in discussions with developers on porting.

yeah, I really liked they way trace memory (or Another Code, as it is called in Eurpoe) makes use of the DS features. Can't wait to play the new game from those developers (Hotel Dusk). Actually I'm playing Phoenix Wright 2 on my DS richt now, which is another great adventure, a very successful one, too.

Another question:

Have you thought about doing a third person adventure game?
    I think those are much more popular in europe, while first person stuff seems to be more succesful in the States...

It depends on the property. I think for Nancy Drew series, 1st person works very well. For other series, maybe not. If we receive the rights to the property we're pitching for, it'd definitely be 3rd person.

any hints about the genre of a new property: detective? sci-fi? etc... Will it be teen orientated like Nancy Drew?

It'll be very different than ND, more geared for a mature audience but story will be just as important as well as proper treatment of a series.

Hello, I am new here. Krolmeister, I'm very glad to hear you are looking to market a game geared towards a more mature audience ( I am 19 and discovered the ND games back when they first came out). Of course, I will still play the Nancy Drew games but its neat to hear of more coming from you guys