Thread: what's next?

Default what's next?

Now that HCA is finsihed, what is your next project.
    Are there any concrete plans yet, or are you still discussing the possibilitys?
    If there are plans, will it be another game for kids and familys or do you plan to make more adult oriented games in the future?

Default Re: what's next?

We have plans for a whole serious in the HCA universe. We do try to cater both for children and adults. We hope that like HCA's stories, you will enjoy the game in different ways. We've had elder ladies (probably grand mothers) who called us and asked for a bit of help and admitted that "they were actually playing the game alone". But also to answer a quite different question - do we plan to make games that are even more oriented towards the hardcore adventure gamers. We will try, but still focus on children and families. HCA was an avid traveller and besides the huge body of stories we got from him as inspiration, we have plans for a number of games taking him different places of the world. I can't reveal much about the next game other than to say that we're traveling further north to Norwey in the game HCA - The Snow Queen and the Magic Mirror. Besides this project we're also working on an online/offline game primarily target for girls (working title GuppyLife). This is not an adventure but a social sims game.

maybe you could do an 'expert mode' for the core adventure gamer audience that includes some more difficult puzzles in the next game.

I can't comment on the difficulty of the first one, because I have yet to play (and before that, buy) it. But I heard it's pretty easy, so I'm worrying a bit that maybe I will miss the challenge...

Different modes of difficulty is certainly one way to provide extra challenge without scaring the less "able" away. We also want to include more ways to play the game (different paths through the story and extend on the social interaction with the characters).